Carbon fiber barrels...

Nubba0681

looking for other options...
I have 2 rifles built with carbon fiber barrels.
I have a 300wsm with a satern barrel and I have a 6.5 with a proof barrel.
I'm in the market for a 6mm/.243 barrel in 1:8 twist for a 243AI build.
I want something different just to try it out. Anybody have any recommendations on another carbon fiber barrel company that's not $700-$800 per blank? I'm not wanting to cut corners by any means but I want to see what somebody else has to offer and test it out for myself. I have everything for a build but a barrel and all other parts for this build we're salvaged from other scrap rifles. Not looking to put a fortune into this build. If it works it works, if it don't, I'm not out much...

I've read good things about Carbon Six barrels and they usually come in maybe $100 less than proof barrels. I believe they are McGowen blanks and have a 1/2" guarantee if I remember right.

I just got one from Oregon Mountain Rifle, it was $595 shipped for a 1/7 .243 blank, threaded muzzle too.

If you like your Saturn, they also make a carbon barrel.

I have two carbon six barrels. A year or so ago they seemed to be a lower cost option when they would chamber and mount the barrel on an action for like $80. Now they're within about $50 of proof and others but won't mount it on an action. CA barrel blanks seem like they have some sales around $550.

My early Pre proof.ABS wrap was a Saturn.Made by the Head smith at Proof

Check out Standalonebarrels.com they use blanks from the same company that made black hole and Columbia River ar barrels which are very good. I'm waiting on my Tikka 6.5 prc barrel from them.

I have a Tikka that I'm planning on doing the same thing too. 300wsm and 6.5 PRC. Have any pics you're willing to share?
There is the rifle with the 257 saum barrel in place. My prc barrel will be here next week. And my 23" 300wsm barrel is being chambered right now.

Attachments

• IMG_20191213_185344.jpg
    IMG_20191213_185344.jpg
    737.5 KB · Views: 123
I don't have my rifle built yet but I ordered a Hells Canyon C barrel with a defiance anTi action.
In my research I discovered that HC uses Benchrest blanks with cryo treatment and 40% less resin then proof.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts