Carbon Fiber Barrels Whats the deal?????????

tjonh2001

does anyone know who can get me a 7mm, 30 or 338 barrel. i am wnating to build and ultra light rig.

also any idea how long it takes it send a barrel inand get it back? i had a rifle built with a #4 barrel and was thinking of sending it in to be turned and wrapped. i know there is a chance of loosing accuracy but what are the odds?

I have a couple of Magnum Research barrels and LOVE them. One of the .300wsm I built weights 7 lbs with a 27" barrel and a Lone Wolf stock. That gun would shoot a 1" 300yard group If the conditions were good and I did my part. I just put one together for a guy that saw mine and wanted one. His is in 7WSM and it ended up at 7.5lb with a Bell and Carlson Duramax stock and 27" barrel. I have a few buddies that have Magnum Research barrels and all of them swear by them. I think they are like $550 now.

I have an ABS wrapped 26" Long M24 Contour barrel on a 338 Lapua. I tryed to build it as light weight as possible and considering what it is, it only weights 12 lbs. That is with the 2.5 lb USO scope and a 1.5lbs stock.

I am getting .5 MOA 3 shot group off a bipod at 700 yards. Give Bettin Custom Guns a call about getting barrels wrapped. He is working closely with Mike at ABS.
Seelingerrifle.jpg

SES50

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.