Carbon Fiber Barrels Whats the deal?????????

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by tjonh2001, Nov 16, 2008.

1. tjonh2001

tjonh2001 Well-Known Member

does anyone know who can get me a 7mm, 30 or 338 barrel. i am wnating to build and ultra light rig.

also any idea how long it takes it send a barrel inand get it back? i had a rifle built with a #4 barrel and was thinking of sending it in to be turned and wrapped. i know there is a chance of loosing accuracy but what are the odds?

2. jcoop

jcoop Well-Known Member

I have a couple of Magnum Research barrels and LOVE them. One of the .300wsm I built weights 7 lbs with a 27" barrel and a Lone Wolf stock. That gun would shoot a 1" 300yard group If the conditions were good and I did my part. I just put one together for a guy that saw mine and wanted one. His is in 7WSM and it ended up at 7.5lb with a Bell and Carlson Duramax stock and 27" barrel. I have a few buddies that have Magnum Research barrels and all of them swear by them. I think they are like $550 now.

3. SES50

SES50 Well-Known Member

I have an ABS wrapped 26" Long M24 Contour barrel on a 338 Lapua. I tryed to build it as light weight as possible and considering what it is, it only weights 12 lbs. That is with the 2.5 lb USO scope and a 1.5lbs stock.

I am getting .5 MOA 3 shot group off a bipod at 700 yards. Give Bettin Custom Guns a call about getting barrels wrapped. He is working closely with Mike at ABS.
    [​IMG]

SES50