Can leupold custom shop add Illuminated ret?

dyllan78

I have a mark 4 lrt, i bought it without the illuminated reticle. if at some point i regret not getting it can the custom shop add it? or is this something you have to buy from the very start.

thanks

Thanks for the info. Can't believe I didn't think of that. lightbulb

That's why folks like FEENIX are around....:)

I doubt you'll ever think the lighted reticle is necessary.

I threw my battery away .....:)

What reticle do you have?

I just got one with the TMR but it will immediately go to the custom shop and get the TS32X1. (Replacing an NF NPR-1, for the lesser weight of the Leuy)

That's why folks like FEENIX are around....:)

I doubt you'll ever think the lighted reticle is necessary.

I threw my battery away .....:)

What reticle do you have?

I just got one with the TMR but it will immediately go to the custom shop and get the TS32X1. (Replacing an NF NPR-1, for the lesser weight of the Leuy)

L:DL! I have a couple of scopes with illuminated reticle and really hasn't found the occasion to really use it ................................................................. yet! :cool:

Im not a competition shooter, just a hunter who wants to start taking long shots. I got 6x20x50 tmr as a gift that i don't know anything about. Just trying to figure out if I can use it or not. The illuminated reticle would have helped a little getting closer to dark hours, but not a big deal. Only thing I really don't understand well yet is the SFP and FFP. I know SFP is no good for hold overs when using lower magnifications, but If I am at any given magnification and zoom in and out, can i still be accurate if dialing in to my intended target? More simply put, do I really need the FFP?

Im not a competition shooter, just a hunter who wants to start taking long shots. I got 6x20x50 tmr as a gift that i don't know anything about. Just trying to figure out if I can use it or not. The illuminated reticle would have helped a little getting closer to dark hours, but not a big deal. Only thing I really don't understand well yet is the SFP and FFP. I know SFP is no good for hold overs when using lower magnifications, but If I am at any given magnification and zoom in and out, can i still be accurate if dialing in to my intended target? More simply put, do I really need the FFP?

You have yourself a very nice scope and reticle design, esp for LR hunting. I have a few Leupolds but not the one you have and I'm very pleased with all of them.

SFP vs FFP is a matter of "personal preference". I just have my 1st FFP scope (Burris Veracity 4-20x50) and have a very positive experience thus far.

IMHO, no you don't need a FFP scope; get familiar with what you have and PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE ... and you're golden.

Good luck and happy safe shooting/hunting. Cheers!

I have a few Leupolds. 5?

I shot my cow in very low light of early morning in a shadowed valley. Minutes after legal shooting time. The picture through the scope of the VX3 was brighter than naked eye.

IMO: You won't need illumination except at the range. I stopped purchasing them.

Last question, the scope that was gifted to me is a 6.5x20x50. Does this mean in order to be able to use it accurately i have to be at 20x all the time? what happens if i sight my rifle in at the max power and all of a sudden i need to take a 50 yard shot. If i take it down to 6x is the shot going to be off dramatically. should i trade it in for a 4x14? so I can be at 14 instead of 20. Thanks for any last minute info before i decide to mount. the local shop here don't know sht.

Your POI vs POA should not change if you adjust the magnification. This is something you should check prior to hunting.

Then

Use the magnification the suits the situation.
Example: long range, varmints, blinds use as high as you want. Fast shooting on walked up game and moving shots, lower is better.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.