Can I Burrow under your pole barn?

Muddyboots

I think not. This year the woodchucks have been real PITA. They just can't help themselves wanting to get under pole barn! So far, not working out too well. The population seems to be on high side last couple years.

33560CBD-46EF-470B-BD33-B7A633F8BF85.jpeg

Mud,

your thread title is great! Go get'em! 👍🏼

🔸 I can think of a few other titles, like...:

▪ Squirrel: "Can I live rent-free in your attic?"

▪ Raccoon: "Can I dig through your trash?"

▪ Rat: "Can I chew through the gas hose of your gas stove?"

▪ Cat: "Can I come and pee on your porch once a week?"

▪ Pigeon: "Can I poop all over your neighborhood?"

🔸 The answer to all of these questions is always the one you already have given:
"I think not!"

Matthias

Ok, chuckie number 2 got removed from the tunnelworks this morning! What the heck is drawing them to my pole barn.? While removing to back of property, 2 more committed suicide! My old Marlin bolt .22 shoots pretty darn good and is on a roll for chucks. They just want to move into the lawn and landscaping. Why? They have 3+ acres of nice field, trees etc.

So 3 for this morning which is darn good to eliminate the damage they are doing!

Was out back today chasing after Cassie our new Great Pyrenees Pup . She was winding something with her nose in the air and would not come to me. I looked about 20 yrds ahead of her and there was a family of young Armadillos running around. Couldn't run back to the house for my rifle and Cassie is 15 weeks old-She headed right after them. They ran under a tarp covering my lumber pile and she almost got one by the tail. Well she is young. I pulled the tarp back and there is several holes dug under my lumber stash. I need to have the 17HMR at the ready or our SBR .223.
Samson our Bernese Mt Dog used to dispose of those critters, but he is now too old so Cassie needs to step up.
I looked around and those Armadillos have also tunneled under my Fuel Dump (55 gallon Drums). Very destructive. I need to start sitting up at night after a rain with our Thermal & NV and start shooting them.

This is crazy! Chuckie number 5 shot moments ago in exact same spot by pole barn! All big mature chucks. I will post up pic once I am sure no more are following. Sounds weird but that is happening in my yard. Seems another one comes looking for "buddy" and I get chance to double up. My 58 year old Marlin 22 bolt is scoring big this year!