Decent scope under $300

I too have a nikon buckmaster, but I have the 4.5-14x w/ side focus, target turrets w/ caps, and the BDC type reticle. For the money it would be really hard to beat, if it could be beat.

I haven't ran out of elevation on the Nikon yet, but I have run out of pasture. I only have about 560 yds that I can play with right now. I'm sure the Nikon or Bushnell don't have as much come up as the Leupolds or NightForces but it'll probably get ya to 750yds easy, and a lot cheaper! JohnnyK.

I know with my 4.5-14 x 40 I can out spin the Bushnell Elite 4200 1MOA. I get 43.5MOA using a 20MOA base and shooting 168 A-Max's around 2760 fps. That gets me to 1100yrds at ground hogs. Not so accurate because of the load and ammo, but gets us dog gone close. Scared the little boogers to death anyway.

The WOTAC 4-14x50 is pretty clear. Clearer than a Luepy. MOA reticle and MOA knobs. Clicks are a little loose but seams like a decent scope for under 300 dollars.

I'd look real hard at the those Elite 3200's. I've been using one on my Savage 12fv in .223 for pdogs. The tactical turrets are great and very repeatable. Box tested the scope several times and it will always come right back to zero. I spend a lot of time shooting pdogs and even with constant knob turning the scope has never failed to be right where I dialed it.

Nikon prostaff 3x9x40 or 50 is an excellent scope for the money and if you dont care what your friends think The Bushnell Banner 6x24x40 mil dot is a great preditor scope and at a price you can afford some ammo to. I own 2 o each, another great choice is the bushnell 3200 and the lower end sightrons
good luck ,Stan

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.