Calling All Owners of Kimber Hunter Rifles

timberelk,

I used a .308 for one season. Worked up a load with two bullets. Consistent 1 1/2". I wouldn't have one because they are control round feed. The only rifles I had trouble with feeding were control round feed. Maybe that's why Weatherby made his dangerous game rifles push feed.

I had owned a Kimber of Oregon 89 BGR in 280 Remington that was beautiful, but would only shoot 1/2" moa groups with bullets jammed into the rifling, and loaded way down to 7x57 levels, so I traded it for a Kimber Montana in 300 WSM. That rifle shot well, but only after a lot of work finding a bullet it liked ~ Hornady 165 IB, and W760.

That said in 2009 I sent it off to Shilen, and put a #4 Select Match Grade Ratchet 4 groove in 6.5/300 WSM. Sure it shoots little groups, but that's after a new barrel, stock work for the barrel profile being slightly heavier, although looks like a Kimber barrel profile, and trigger work by Kimber.

IMG_0872.JPG
IMG_0860.JPG
kimber hunter carbine cut to 16"

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.