Calling All Owners of Kimber Hunter Rifles

timberelk

I want to see if I can get some real life reviews. Please include accuracy of your rifle in your review.

Interested in this also. Keep reading quotes from previous owners using the term, "Kimber Roulette" and such.

In my experience, Kimber rifles are either great or very poor regardless of price or model . My step dad has one that's basically a shotgun, while my hunting partner has one that's a solid 3/4 MOA rifle and occasionally better.

In my experience, Kimber rifles are either great or very poor regardless of price or model . My step dad has one that's basically a shotgun, while my hunting partner has one that's a solid 3/4 MOA rifle and occasionally better.

That's what I'm concerned about... I like how light weight they are but if it can't shoot around 1 MOA it won't do me any good. Everyone recommends I go to a tikka ultra light but I HATE the looks of Titka so much I simple wont buy one lol. Maybe I'll consider weatherby's wilderness rifle

The only way I'd buy a Kimber would used , AFTER I had the chance to fire it . Don't be afraid of a Tikka, they're awesome once you replace the Tupperware stock.

That's what I'm concerned about... I like how light weight they are but if it can't shoot around 1 MOA it won't do me any good. Everyone recommends I go to a tikka ultra light but I HATE the looks of Titka so much I simple wont buy one lol. Maybe I'll consider weatherby's wilderness rifle
I'm a Tikka believer also after owning a CTR in 308 and now this T3 Forrest in 260. It's had a few tweaks, pillars and bedding, bottom metal and rail, but it all comes in at 10 lbs. with the NF on it. Not super lightweight but I can live with 10 lbs. and have not been disappointed in any way with the way it shot out of the box.

Attachments

• tikka_260.jpg
    tikka_260.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 220
I consider 99% of factory stocks as disposable junk . A quality stock upgrade is is 1st on my list , there's so many good stocks available at a price point for all budgets that I can't recommend anyone put up with plastic on their rifle of choice.

I want to see if I can get some real life reviews. Please include accuracy of your rifle in your review.
If you blue print and true the action, re barrel to a heavier #3 or larger quality tube and do a good re bedding you'll have a 1/4 -3/8 moa 1/2 for sure rifle. Speaking from experience. 243Win., 270WSM, 30 Nosler. All good shooters after the work I'm talking about

What's your thoughts on bedding one of those kimber hunters? Would it make it a 1 MOA? I don't really want to have to put a new barrel on a new gun

While I love my Kimber .45, I wouldn't trade my Tikka 7mm RM for a Kimber rifle + $$$. My Tikka has been a good performer (consistent 3/4" groups with factory ammo. 150g Winchester Ballistic Silver tips) after break-in and should only get better. I wanted a Kimber and friends talked me out of it. After reading many, many posts I thought better.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.