cabelas xpg 4 season tent

9-point

was just wondering if anyone has used this tent and how do you like it, I see they have them on sale,and was thinking of getting it, planning an elk hunt in co. in 09, I see there are tons of tents out there but this one is closer to my budget, please help.

You won't go wrong w/a cabelas tent -it might not be the lightest -highest tech material that money can buy but it will be a very nice tent.
Cabelas didn't get where they are today by putting their name on junk ,if the tent doesn't work or were to fail cabelas -will- give you your money back.

Hop on google and type in the tent name plus 'reviews' and you might very well find some info..

I hope your right, I bought it last night along with an alaskan guide sleeping bag. Hope to try it out over labor day weekend and see how it goes,as far as the weight; its not to bad, it has a nice carry bag, and seems to have alot of stakes to pin it down with. The sleeping bag just fits me and seems like its going to be warm and cozy it comes with its own compression sack and looks like it will be pretty compact for backpacking, I'll let ya know how it goes.

I've got the little one person tent. I used it two weeks ago. I was pleasantly surprised. However, the weather was perfect. I'm not sure how this tent'd do in nasty weather. I'm planning to use it during the general deer hunt in October. Last year we had several days of snow. I plan to bring a piece of visquine or something to make the vestibule big enough for my gear.

Good luck with it.

that's why i'm looking at the 2 person tents, i need the extra room for a gun, backpack, extra clothes, heater/stove. i can't make it in one of those 1-person jobs. they are a little lighter though!

well I got to try out the tent and sleeping bag over laborday weekend, and the tent was easy to put up,very sturdy and lots of room inside for 2 people,and it has 2 vestibules for outside storage. the sleeping bag was too warm and I had to use it as a blanket, cant wait to try it again when the weather is much cooler.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.