Marmot Gazebo 4 season tent

WildRose

There's one of these available locally. I've got an elk hunt planned next year and a trip to AK for Caribou and Moose the following year with a couple of friends.

This looks like a decent set up for two men and plenty of gear.

I'm thirty years out from my last real serious packing as a civilian and I know little of modern makers and products.

Do any of you have any experience with Marmot Gear and perhaps this particular model?

Wildrose, I have no experience with that particular tent but most of Marmot stuff is top notch. I've had lots of their gear and clothing over the years and never had a complaint other than expense. I looked up that tent model and I would say that if you could get it at a good price, go for it as it would serve you well. If your budget allows, Hilleberg would be a good choice. That would be my choice for a rough tough hunt.

Randy

Thanks, that helps. I'm not planning on winter hunts at 10,000ft in blizzard conditions so I think I might go with this one if I can get it bought right.

My brother and I and one friend though are planning a trip to AK and an elk hunt so I want the best quality I can afford.

I'm actually 2 years out from the hunt, unless I get lucky and draw for next season in which case I'll probably join Mario for a trip to NM.

Super light weight is not a big deal for me. Whatever I don't want to carry myself my horses certainly can LOL For what it costs to feed those damned things I make sure they earn it.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts