bushnell warranty CRAP!!!

Just put a Leupold on my 30-30 woods gun after the Bushnelll wouldn't hold vertical zero after one year's use...very diappointing. went through two boxes of shells to figure it out...

Matt

I have had my share of all three brands, and will not buy another either. But, it is unfair to condemn the high end Bushnells, especially the 3200 and 4200 series. I have a 6-24 Model 4200 and it is a very good scope, never had a problem with it.

But, it is unfair to condemn the high end Bushnells, especially the 3200 and 4200 series. I have a 6-24 Model 4200 and it is a very good scope, never had a problem with it.

I bought a Bushnell Elite 3200 from MidwayUSA. It died after 19 shots
I was coerced to try another of the same model so I bought another. That one lasted a little less than 200 shots.

If by "condemn" you mean speak the truth, I disagree.

I had a Kimber TLEII that had extraction issues. I called customer service and told them my issues, they said "That isn't right, send the gun to me." I sent it on Monday (overnight). They called me on Wed, and said they had fixed all the issues, and the gun would be in my hands on Thursday. I was speechless. They wound up replacing my slide, throating/polising the chamber, and repinning a part that was a little off. I've shot well over 1000 rounds and it has been flawless.

The only Bushnell scope I have is a 4-12x40 Sportsview, the one with stadia reticle that I bought in 1990. It was mounted on my Savage 111F .300WM without brake for 14 years without any problem. I still have it but now sits atop a 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser.

I've twice sent older Bushnell scopes in for repair & each time got back scopes that were listed as "repaired" but appeared to be brand new. I was quite pleased.

I am not as happy with my last return to Leupold.

I bought a Elitte 4200 second hand from the web site here. After 30 rounds it wouldn't hold zero. Sent it in. They took less than 30 days to get it back to me. $10 shipping fee. Seems OK right now. We'll see how it holds up.
Second experience. Bought a Leica 1200 rangefinder a few yrs ago on E-bay. After a couple of years they quit working. I googled the co to get an address. Found some bad customer service reviews so I set it aside for a while. Read later on the web that they were trying to improve customer service. So I sent them in. Didn't hear a thing and was starting to wonder about them 3 weeks later. Package in the mail. Sent me a brand new one. The smaller size and updated version!! N/C. Made me a happy camper. Bruce

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.