Nightforce Warranty

beauman

Anyone know what the Nightforce warranty is? I pulled out my 6.5x284 to do some long range prairie dog shooting. The scope seemed cloudy? Haven't used it in 5 years.

You can find it out on their website or by giving them a call. I think this would be more reliable than here say on the web. Good luck

I looked on their website. Didn't see anything that states what the warranty is. The scope is 10 years old, but I didn't shoot this gun very often.

Call them Monday morning .. they have one of the best in the industry and stand behind their product!! FYI Just be Honest and they will take care of you!! (Im not implying you wont be but just put yourself in their shoes..
Nothing sets red flags as quick as when a person calls them and instantly places blame on the optic, they've seen It all I guarantee it and honesty in optics game gets you further than anything!! They don't really have a length from what ive seen either kind of lifetime in my book.

Last edited:
I bought a used NXS which I was having trouble with and ended up calling Nightforce a few times. The people I talked with were very helpful and interested in my troubles. In the end I sent it back to have them go over it and it came back working great. Soon after I got it back one of the guys from NF called me to explain what they did. They also mentioned to me, in a concerned way, that the ring marks on the tube looked like the rings had been tightened down too much. I explained to him that I bought the scope used and that I tighten them down with 20 in-lb. I looked at the tube later and saw what he was talking about. I hadn't noticed that mark before.

They are great people and I'm sure they will take care of you.. just be straight with them and you will get the same in return

If not mistaken 10 yr warranty with a limited lifetime on mechanical defects in materials, etc.. but with the legal beagles language??

NF warranty is explained in the owner's manual.....page 16 for ATACR 7-35x56. The manuals can be downloaded from NF website. Click on subtle icon in upper lefthand corner of the home page and look for SUPPORT/DOWNLOADS on right side of table. My warranty page is as follows.

We are proud to back up Nightforce ATACR™, B.E.A.S.T.™, Benchrest, Competition™,

NXS™ and SHV™ riflescopes with a transferable Limited Lifetime Warranty which

covers mechanical defects in materials and workmanship in the optical and

mechanical components of the riflescope. In the event of a defect in materials or

workmanship that is covered by this warranty, we will either repair the riflescope or

replace it at no charge, with a comparable product at our discretion.

Exclusions to this warranty include intentional or accidental damage, abuse, misuse,

unauthorized modifications or repairs, and improper mounting. This warranty does

not cover any consequential or incidental damages resulting from the inability to

use the riflescope. Any serial number obliteration or alteration on the product will

void the warranty. SHV™ models maintain waterproof integrity with their protective

caps installed.

To ensure warranty coverage, please register online or fill out completely and mail

in the provided warranty card found in the back of the owner's manual, along

with a copy of the sales receipt. The warranty begins on the date the product was

purchased by the original owner. The optical and mechanical components are

covered without time limitations. The riflescope's electronic components are covered

for a period of three years.

This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights

which vary from state to state. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation

of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may

not apply to you. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied

warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.

Before sending a riflescope in for service, please call Nightforce Optics, Inc.

at the number below, to determine if the problem can be resolved without

sending us the product. All returns must be accompanied by a Return

Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. Failure to do so can result in

lost merchandise and/or severely delayed service time.

•Remove any mounting rings or accessories other than dust covers and the original

sunshade.

•Record and keep on hand the serial number.

•Include with the riflescope a detailed description of the defect(s), the RMA number,

your name, phone number and the address you wish the riflescope returned to.

•Place the boxed or protectively wrapped riflescope in a well-padded outer box

insured for replacement value and send it shipping prepaid, to the appropriate

address below. Write the RMA number on the outside of the package.

Limited Lifetime Warranty

U.S.A. & Canada:

Nightforce Optics, Inc.

Attention: Service Dept.

336 Hazen Lane

Orofino, Idaho 83544

tel 208.476.9814

fax 208.476.9817

www.NightforceOptics.com

International:

Nightforce Optics

Attention: Service Dept.

11 Manton Street

Hindmarsh, SA 5007 Australia

tel +61 (0)8 8440 0888

fax +61 (0)8 8346 0504

www.NightforceOptics.com

Be sure to register your warranty at

www.NightforceOptics.com/WarrantyRegistration

NF Beast, ATCAR, NXS and SHV have Transferable limited life time warranty on parts and defects. Does not cover abuse.
You should be able to confirm this by downloading a copy of the owners manual for your model from their web site. (I am paraphrasing from my downloaded manuals that replaced my original manuals lost to a break-in a couple years back)

Sounds like its lost all its gas which doesn't happen by just sitting in a safe but could be a manufacturing problem that has taken time to show itself.

They would quickly be able to assess the reason why & whether it is a warrantable issue!

I don't think any manufacturer would cover abuse or accidental damage or improper fitting nor should they.

This is blasphemy - no way there is anything wrong with a nightforce! Are you sure it isn't a vortex scope? I thought the best warranty is the one you never have to use?! Thats why you spend the money on a nightforce isn't it? Lol

In all seriousness it sucks about your scope. Hopefully they take care of it - I thought on their older models it was a 10 yr warranty.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts