Nightforce Scope Warranty Question

Triple BB

I picked up a Nightforce NSX scope from a friend. Question, does anyone know if the warranty is transferable? Also, its a flat black finish. I was wondering if anyone has ever had a scope Cerakoted. Thought it might look good in a black satin minus the turrets.

I have told this story before. Eight years ago, I bought a used NF 12-42 BR model. A year later discovered it would not hold track properly. Called NF, told them it was used, and the nice lady said just send it in and we will take care of it. Sent it with a letter describing the problem and told them again I bought it used. About 7 or 8 days later, the brown truck was at my door with the scope. NF repaired it at no cost and even paid the return shipping. Best warranty on the earth!!!

I would be concerned about ceracoting a scope. Might br possible, but the internals are so delicate that I would not take a chance.

I can add to Gene's story. I've had my Nightforce for 14 yrs... 8-32x56 Benchrest...and sent mine back thinking it had a POI problem. They upgraded the reticle saying that the etching technology was more precise, which makes sense, than 14yrs ago. The scope checked out just fine at "no" cost to me. Top notch customer service to add and they paid the freight for the return!! Nightforce is a great investment. Also, notice that Vortex has adopted the same guarantee. That should make customers happy with their purchase or even buying a used scope.
Good Luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.