Leica warranty

snox801

Ok guys so for the longest time I've used Leica bios and range finders. Still the best I've put my eyes behind but I've always heard the same thing. What till you have a issue!.
Well I ended up trying a Lieca 2-10 scope finally to update my 6.5 Grendel with better glass. I noticed the power ring was insanely hard to tune but thought oh well it may get better. After mounting I went to the range and in the first mag the scope went fuzzy. So I contacted Doug from camera land and he said no issue. I then asked if I should look at a different brand because it was my go to hunting rig and would hate for it to happen on a hunt. He assured me it was very uncommon with Lieca. Now I know all scope manufacturers can have issues so I trusted Doug. I reached out to Lieca and they sent me a shipping label. I boxed it up and sent it out after they reopened form covid. Got home from traveling for work and had a brand new scope at the house absolutely the easiest and best service I have had from a company. I've had very good luck with many companies warranty but this was trouble free.
Just thought that instead of always relaying on what the internet says which is mainly people who had a bad experience this may put some at ease.

I love Leica gear and onw a half dozen of their products at any given time. I also like that they resell easily for a very good buck.. In 30 years have never had to send anything back but good to know it is working well if I do have to.

I am to I've had and abused all my other Lieca products and never had an issue. This was the first time I've ever had any issue and it was instant so those things happen. What had me concerned was reports of terrible customer service. I have to say was my first purchase from Doug at camera land and it was great will definitely be using them again

Had great experience with their customer service also, have had several pairs of geovids between my dad and I. he as some 15x56 now and after several years of wear and tear and grit everywhere wanted to send them in to have them cleaned up and inspected. Fully expected to pay for the service. Sent a label and serviced for free. Hard to beat in my opinion

I have a pair of Leica Geovid 10x42 HD-B binos and the range finder was reading items below the aiming circle (out of alignment). Discovered the error after owning them for a few years when I finally found a long distance range with known distance steel targets to 980 yds. Called Leica, sent them in, they recalibrated them for free and now they are perfect.

I also have a Swarovski 8x range finder. Bad experience. They wanted $350 to repair a hard to press actuation button that I explained was hard to press from the first day - thought it would get better with use - NOT. It had to be sent first to a USA facility and then back to Portugal to be repaired at my expense with no estimate of the repair cost and it took 6 months. I'll never own another Swarovski product. I decided not to repair it at that price.

Don't have any Leica products, so I can't comment on them, but would like to comment on Zeiss Customer Service, absolutely unbelievably good, I bought a used pair of rangefinding binoculars they were in an aftermarket chest case so Had no eye cups or Cups for the objective lenses, also did not have the factory bino harness , I called Zeiss Customer Service and asked about purchasing them, the gentleman said he could not sell them to me, but would be happy to send them free of charge. That's unbelievable Customer Service. Oh and by the way The rangefinder binoculars are incredible

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts