Burris Signature Rings Not up to 338 Rum

Not that I know of. Like you said in a earlier post while tightening down the rings it's important to keep the insert in the center of the ring. Even though people say not to I've always used a small amount of red lock tite instead or blue. I've never had a problem looseing the torx or allen screws when needed, it is pretty tight when loosening but not problem and no threat to stripping and I have even had some come loose before with the red loc tite. Also the last time I tightened them it was by hand and I figure all the rings are torqued a little over 20 lbs or so. What is the standard on ring torque 18 I.P. ? Also I'm in the market for a new torque wrench what are my choices borka or wheeling engeneering?

Chase

You can buy a torque wrench from anyone as long as it covers the proscribed torque range. Craftsman (Sears) sells a good one but stores don't generally have it in stock. Wrenches targeted to the gun market are generally 50% more money than seems justifiable.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.