Burris Signature Rings

Put the .020 inserts back in and move the rings farther apart or leave the .010s in and move them closer together if you are set on zeroing at 200 with as much adjustment as possible. I'd probably just leave it 3" high at 200 and compensate though. The inserts are measured in thousandths of an inch and the adjustment they give is dependent on the spacing of the rings.

You sure you put them in correctly?

If you went from -10 to -20 in front then you should have had to click more than 15-17 to bring it up to zero it if that was your previous setting, as it should have dropped the front of the scope down. Not to say you didn't, but I'd double check your installation. I've make the same mistake.
I am pretty sure they are in correctly. I have moved them a couple of times now. If I went from -10 to -20 then how many clicks should I have to go?

Put the .020 inserts back in and move the rings farther apart or leave the .010s in and move them closer together if you are set on zeroing at 200 with as much adjustment as possible. I'd probably just leave it 3" high at 200 and compensate though. The inserts are measured in thousandths of an inch and the adjustment they give is dependent on the spacing of the rings.
That makes sense. I am going to have to try that. I was thinking of just moving the scope foward or back but the rings would never move. Again it is only 15-17 clicks from bottomed out so it shouldn't prevent me from shooting out to alteast 700yrds.

You should be able to shoot plenty far. If the scope only has 35 MOA and you are 17 clicks from the top that is only losing 4-1/4 MOA. Even small scopes usually have 35 so this should leave you 30+ MOA to dial with. Depending on your caliber this should get you to 1000. With my 243 and a 95 grn nosler BT that would get me to 880 yards. Just for some reference for you

My gosh, this isn't rocket surgery. You are way overthinking this. If you are 15 "clicks" from bottomed out, why do you want to be closer to bottom? You don't want to be at the limit when zeroed. Leave it 3 3/4 min up and shoot the **** thing. Quit thinking in clicks.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.