Bullet weight for 300WM.

What I have personally used are 200g Accubonds, 210g ABLR, 210g Berger Hybrid, 215g Berger Hybrid and 230g Berger. I have also used the 220g Sierra, do not recommend on game, but used them to down Sambar stags with differing results.
I can honestly say that the 210g ABLR is a fantastic bullet on game, even if it has the odd flier when developing a load.
The 230g Berger is excellent until it isn't….I'll leave that there for now.

Cheers.

It seems the accubonds and the ballistic tips , kill elk kinda the same for me , only had a couple out of a bunch go far enough for me to have to run them down and shoot again, both were my own bad shot placements , but recovered them both, lucky they didn't get away.
I shoot a model 70 pre 64 ,300 H&H ,rechambered to 300 Weatherby mag. ,before I owned it .
A friend of mine just got a once in a lifetime deal on a original 300 H&H super grade all original . And I also shoot a converted by Weatherby in South Gate California , a 300 WBY pre war mod 70 , that was converted from 30 govt -06 . That also was a rare find . It still has Weatherbys recoil pad on it . I didn't mean too get off subject but thought I'd share.

A friend of mine just got a once in a lifetime deal on a original 300 H&H super grade all original . And I also shoot a converted by Weatherby in South Gate California , a 300 WBY pre war mod 70 , that was converted from 30 govt -06 . That also was a rare find . It still has Weatherbys recoil pad on it . I didn't mean too get off subject but thought I'd share.
I also shoot a sporterized pre 64 ,30- 06 for deer , what is kinda funny is I bought both of rifles , used and more than 20 years apart,in the same town and both have serial numbers in the 50,000 range.
If a collector looked at my rifles , he would probably pass out ,
The rifles you and your friend have sound like nice rifles.

I also shoot a sporterized pre 64 ,30- 06 for deer , what is kinda funny is I bought both of rifles , used and more than 20 years apart,in the same town and both have serial numbers in the 50,000 range.
If a collector looked at my rifles , he would probably pass out ,
The rifles you and your friend have sound like nice rifles.
I picked mine up when I was in gun sales a long time ago , it has 95 percent on the blueing . The only thing done too it stock wise was my dad being a stock maker , he rerun the checkering and refinished the stock too it's original state . My friend just found his at a estate sale a few months ago . I also got lucky and picked up a like new pre 64 mod 70 in 270 for 600 bucks . A blind hog finds a acorn every now and then.

I picked mine up when I was in gun sales a long time ago , it has 95 percent on the blueing . The only thing done too it stock wise was my dad being a stock maker , he rerun the checkering and refinished the stock too it's original state . My friend just found his at a estate sale a few months ago . I also got lucky and picked up a like new pre 64 mod 70 in 270 for 600 bucks . A blind hog finds a acorn every now and then.
Both of mine have sporterized stocks that I messed with a little more .
I paid 350.00 each , one from used rack , that store owner picked out for me when I was 16, then years later another friend was selling some guns for someone else, aNd I paid 350.00 for the 300 weatherby.

Both of mine have sporterized stocks that I messed with a little more .
I paid 350.00 each , one from used rack , that store owner picked out for me when I was 16, then years later another friend was selling some guns for someone else, aNd I paid 350.00 for the 300 weatherby.
The only thing I don't like about my 300 wby mod 70 is it kicks like a Missouri mule , it used too be my main hunting rifle white tail and mule deer from Texas Colorado and Wyoming . I killed the best Mule deer in my life with it , but it draws blood at both ends shooting heavy bullets . I'm thinking about working a load up with some of the light for cal Hammer bullets. Your conversion was a lot easier than mine , on mine Weatherby had too open the rails ,bolt face and extend the magazine and alter the bottom locking lug . It was a extensive alteration, most gun owners don't know that Weatherby did conversions back in the day , including me until I acquired this mod 70 conversion.South gate California was where Weatherby was originally from .

The only thing I don't like about my 300 wby mod 70 is it kicks like a Missouri mule , it used too be my main hunting rifle white tail and mule deer from Texas Colorado and Wyoming . I killed the best Mule deer in my life with it , but it draws blood at both ends shooting heavy bullets . I'm thinking about working a load up with some of the light for cal Hammer bullets. Your conversion was a lot easier than mine , on mine Weatherby had too open the rails ,bolt face and extend the magazine and alter the bottom locking lug . It was a extensive alteration, most gun owners don't know that Weatherby did conversions back in the day , including me until I acquired this mod 70 conversion.South gate California was where Weatherby was originally from .
Nice, you'll probably find a lighter load / bullet ,that will shoot well out f your gun .When I got tired of the recoil while target shooting and practicing,I had a break put on ,it helped a ton, now I'm upgrading that break to a bigger 4 port , to see if I can get rid of a little muzzle jump.
For me my model 70's shoot great.

You probably need to look to the Nosler ABLR then unless you want to go to a mono. If you're not going to be shooting under 300 yards the Hornady SST would be worth looking at as well but they are too frangible to suit me at closer ranges where you have a high velocity impact.

In my 300wm after shooting a dozen or so deer and hogs I put a 300yds minimum range limit on and they performed excellently from there on out.

You can always do as others have done and work up a good load with an Accubond for the close work and the ABLR for long range work.

Just save your data on the difference in zero and go from there.
Thank you Wild Rose, I'm going to give those a try as well.