Bullet weight for 300WM.

What are you shooting the 180 's out of ?
300 win mag.I found 2 boxes of 200 gr accubonds and grabbed them so I may try them at some point but 180 gr has killed way too many animals to count.The first 9 elk I killed were with a 180 gr Hornady Interlock.Most only went a short distance and others were DRT.
I have killed several with a 180 gr Ballistic Tip and they did their job very well.

300 win mag.I found 2 boxes of 200 gr accubonds and grabbed them so I may try them at some point but 180 gr has killed way too many animals to count.The first 9 elk I killed were with a 180 gr Hornady Interlock.Most only went a short distance and others were DRT.
I have killed several with a 180 gr Ballistic Tip and they did their job very well.
You will like the 200 grainers....gainers.... have a higher bc.....

Barnes 175LRX is a serious long range hunting bullet. Hits hard= to any 200-210gr due to construction and extremely accurate.
Sorry but the energy equation tells us unless it's running considerably faster than the heavier bullets it cannot hit as hard as they can.

It's a good bullet but it is not the equal to heavier bullets at long range when it comes to delivering energy on target.

It seems the accubonds and the ballistic tips , kill elk kinda the same for me , only had a couple out of a bunch go far enough for me to have to run them down and shoot again, both were my own bad shot placements , but recovered them both, lucky they didn't get away.
I shoot a model 70 pre 64 ,300 H&H ,rechambered to 300 Weatherby mag. ,before I owned it .

here is one for you:
I always shot 180g partitions, longest shot 725. I Always hated the violent recoil the old Sako A1 gave. 3 or more shots left bruises.
I developed a losd for 125 grain nosler bts. very fast but toned down down. shot jordes of deer, a moose and a bear with them. all 1 shot. moose 200 yds and bear 80. i love the load, its really a deer load.

I'm going to load out to 1000 yds and this will be for taking down big game. I have several powders and bullets but wanted to know what the majority of the crew is using at this range.
You probably need to look to the Nosler ABLR then unless you want to go to a mono. If you're not going to be shooting under 300 yards the Hornady SST would be worth looking at as well but they are too frangible to suit me at closer ranges where you have a high velocity impact.

In my 300wm after shooting a dozen or so deer and hogs I put a 300yds minimum range limit on and they performed excellently from there on out.

You can always do as others have done and work up a good load with an Accubond for the close work and the ABLR for long range work.

Just save your data on the difference in zero and go from there.

here is one for you:
I always shot 180g partitions, longest shot 725. I Always hated the violent recoil the old Sako A1 gave. 3 or more shots left bruises.
I developed a losd for 125 grain nosler bts. very fast but toned down down. shot jordes of deer, a moose and a bear with them. all 1 shot. moose 200 yds and bear 80. i love the load, its really a deer load.
Good idea , seems the older I get ,the less I like recoil , I might try that sometime .
For now ,I put one of those muzzle breaks on , and when I shoot it it , of course helps with recoil and muzzle jump , but it also keeps the mosquitoes away ,every time I pull the trigger.

The 190 acuubond long range runs nice in my factory savage 300 win mag. Loaded at just under mag length running about 3000 fps with n565. 1/2 moa all of the time.
there's something about 565 and heavies in a 300win... my browning 300win seems to really love the 200eld-x with 565 also. I've killed most everything I've killed with that rifle with rlk22 and 165 hdy interlock fb pills though. I still want to work with the eld-x load more before I hunt it.

Think it depends on what your goal is.
I changed my win mag from the 215 to the 181. Mainly because most shots are under that 1k distance. Second I could make very consistent hit at that distance. I had more faith in the hammer doing the job if I was a bit off and into the shoulder than I did with Berger.
Im fortunate enough to be able to step up to larger calibers for farther distance mainly for keeping more than enough energy.
Cutting edge are hood I run them still a bit but they do not work as good on game as hammer. I still rock them in my .375 cause the hammers were having a hard time over a mile at the time I was doing mine.
What do you mean by "what your goal is"? The goal for me is to hit my target, whether that is paper or an animal.

The hardest part of shooting at distance in hunting conditions is reading the wind, everything else we can account for. I'll take the higher BC of a 215/230 Berger over any mono at the ranges the OP is talking about wanting to take game. Just with the 215 Berger against the 181 Hammer there is already one MOA difference in wind drift at 700 yards and as you know that's not linear as the distance increases. That's already a good hedge against a not so perfect wind call. In other words, you can make a mistake calling the wind with one bullet and still be in the vitals while the other you're not.

I'm not against mono's, I used to shoot them for 10 years, and in certain situations they are a great choice. Matter of fact, I have some Hammer absolutes on the shelf, but when we start talking long-range hunting there are better choices in my opinion.

Any bullet will do it's job if you put it in the right place, within reason, but getting it to that place is what it's all about and that's where I'll take every advantage a bullet will get me.

Thank you for the information. I'm having a hard time finding any in stock.
That's because they are probably the toughest bullet to find. With the huge contract for the military snipers and demand by us reloaders it's been very slim pickings for over a year now. I've had backorders that are going on a year at two different retailers. Fortunately I had a few boxes left and I was able to get lucky at Brownells a few months ago and picked up 5 (250ct) boxes.

Sorry but the energy equation tells us unless it's running considerably faster than the heavier bullets it cannot hit as hard as they can.

It's a good bullet but it is not the equal to heavier bullets at long range when it comes to delivering energy on target.

What you think is the effective kill range of the 175gr LRX?