Bullet fail...Accubond CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your making an excellent case for rolling you own ammo!!!!! I guarantee you load a 140 Accubond under a stiff load of Retumbo and you'll be putn the smack down on game!

Your making an excellent case for rolling you own ammo!!!!! I guarantee you load a 140 Accubond under a stiff load of Retumbo and you'll be putn the smack down on game!

We do handload for everything else, just not this particular rifle. It seems to have trouble cycling handloads and most factory ammo cycles fine.

No way the Accubond would mushroom like that just from going through a .004 piece of plastic jug. No way. This thread is going no where. Sorry, just my opinion.

We do handload for everything else, just not this particular rifle. It seems to have trouble cycling handloads and most factory ammo cycles fine.

Hand load and duplicate the factory ammo specs. Perhaps you need to chamfer the outside of the case mouth to feed better.

Just a thought.

Steve

Every deer my family or I have shot at this year with Accubond has been DRT. It has worked flawlessly. You must have gotten a bad batch.

No way the Accubond would mushroom like that just from going through a .004 piece of plastic jug. No way. This thread is going no where. Sorry, just my opinion.

I think I said that quite some time ago but it hasn't sunk in yet!:D......Rich

Adam.....I think it is time to get real here! It does appear that the ammo was bad, but come on; do you seriously believe that a bullet traveling fast enough to reach a milk jug at three hundred yards would end up with the jug catching the bullet? If so do you seriously believe that a bullet that could not penetrate the same would expand to that degree? You have asked a couple of good questions and I assume to get good answers. Would you PLEASE take the remaining round (rounds) and try to hit the jug(on the fly).....Rich

Rich,

FYI, you've maxed out your stored Private Messages quota. I'm receiving an automated response from the Forum that your private message folder has exceeded its allowed capacity.

Time for housekeeping and a heavy finger on the 'delete' tab. gun)

Rich,

FYI, you've maxed out your stored Private Messages quota. I'm receiving an automated response from the Forum that your private message folder has exceeded its allowed capacity.

Time for housekeeping and a heavy finger on the 'delete' tab. gun)

OK, if someone else wants to chew on me there is now room!:D

Adam.....I think it is time to get real here! It does appear that the ammo was bad, but come on; do you seriously believe that a bullet traveling fast enough to reach a milk jug at three hundred yards would end up with the jug catching the bullet? If so do you seriously believe that a bullet that could not penetrate the same would expand to that degree? You have asked a couple of good questions and I assume to get good answers. Would you PLEASE take the remaining round (rounds) and try to hit the jug(on the fly).....Rich

I don't believe it! That's why I posted it here so the "experts" could chime in.

Three of us saw it, and I was looking thru my 20x Zeiss and I know the bullet didn't bounce, if it did then it didn't leave a mark in the ground.

This isn't my first rodeo guys, I may not shoot 1000 rounds a year at long range like some of you but I shoot fairly often and have for many years. gun)

IMO, there is no chance your bullet hit the jug first! IMO!

I have a story and some pictures of an accubond bullet and looking your bullet it appears to to have hit tougher material than mine did!

I unloaded an Accubond at about 45 yards also. 30 Caliber 150 grains at over 3000 fps.

I shot at a tree and the Accubond went through it, but as luck would have it it centered a second tree about 5 yards further on and I had my portable sawzall with me. The first tree was 47 yards and about 6 inches across. Impact velocity was probably about 2950 to 3000 fps.
I did nick the bullet cutting it out of the tree, but it weighed 107 grains or 71% of its weight, a bit over 1/2 inch across, and a near perfect bonded mushroom!

edge.

Accubondthrutree004.jpg

Accubondthrutree001.jpg

Accubondthrutree002.jpg

edge.

I don't believe it! That's why I posted it here so the "experts" could chime in.

Three of us saw it, and I was looking thru my 20x Zeiss and I know the bullet didn't bounce, if it did then it didn't leave a mark in the ground.

This isn't my first rodeo guys, I may not shoot 1000 rounds a year at long range like some of you but I shoot fairly often and have for many years. gun)

Adam.....I'm not trying to be a wise guy here, but I just don't understand what you are trying to say? You say "I don't believe it"! What is it that you don't believe? I am guessing that meant, based on my comment, and others, you don't believe that could happen either, but, it didn't hit the ground? So my question is; how the heck did it find it's way inside the jug? Also, why will you not shoot the jug again if you are really interested in answering your question? Please enlighten me.......thanks/Rich

Adam.....I'm not trying to be a wise guy here, but I just don't understand what you are trying to say? You say "I don't believe it"! What is it that you don't believe? I am guessing that meant, based on my comment, and others, you don't believe that could happen either, but, it didn't hit the ground? So my question is; how the heck did it find it's way inside the jug? Also, why will you not shoot the jug again if you are really interested in answering your question? Please enlighten me.......thanks/Rich

I don't believe it hit the dirt first and bounced into the center of the jug creating a perfect .270 diameter hole, I also don't believe a bullet traveling at the speed required to hit the jug would end up in the jug either.

We will go shoot it again, I just haven't had time to pull the bullet and measure the powder and then go shooting...

I'm also not trying to be rude or anything to any of you...sometimes internet "talk" can be misconstrued, if we were talking in person you'd see I don't take much of anything too serious :D

I also posted this question over on 24hr and one guy just replied that he also had no pass thrus on a deer and a pig with a .270 accubond...he didn't go into detail about the load or anything so hopefully he will...

Status
Not open for further replies.