Building a long range rifle case

camotruck

I guess it could be any range rifle case, but I thought i would specify that this would be for transporting (a rifle that isn't built yet) in the back of my truck. 32 inch BBL plus a break, then how long is along action let's say 9 inches (.338 LM AI) 13 1/2 in lop. padding all around. Lets call it 60 inches. Also the length recommended by my smith. (Who is a member here, will probably chime in and then I feel silly) OK, so the detentions would be something like 60L x 12 x12. Plywood with 2x2 reinforcing in the corners. Piano hinges with hasps?, or hasps all the way around? THOUGHTS ... Thinking I would fill it with two part expanding foam then cutting out for the rifle and possibly other accessories. Other Thoughts.

Thanks for your input

Camo

I guess it could be any range rifle case, but I thought i would specify that this would be for transporting (a rifle that isn't built yet) in the back of my truck. 32 inch BBL plus a break, then how long is along action let's say 9 inches (.338 LM AI) 13 1/2 in lop. padding all around. Lets call it 60 inches. Also the length recommended by my smith. (Who is a member here, will probably chime in and then I feel silly) OK, so the detentions would be something like 60L x 12 x12. Plywood with 2x2 reinforcing in the corners. Piano hinges with hasps?, or hasps all the way around? THOUGHTS ... Thinking I would fill it with two part expanding foam then cutting out for the rifle and possibly other accessories. Other Thoughts.

Thanks for your input

Camo

Just a thought but have you considered a folding stock?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.