Favorite Long Range Rifle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZIMM, Dec 29, 2005.

1. ZIMM

ZIMM Well-Known Member

After watching the DVD "Shooting Beyond Belief" I was very intrigued with the gun they used. I beleive it was a Rem. 7MM Mag... I currently use and love my 30-378, but after watching that video, I really don't need that gun, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I'm thinking a specifically setting up a long range rifle perhaps for my wife /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif She likes shooting mine, but maybe I can set up another one for her /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I was thinking along the lines of a .257, .270, or the 7mm. I want to be able, (I mean her) to shoot 1000 yards etc. Any suggestions are needed.
    Z

2. Shawn Carlock

Shawn Carlock Sponsor

Z,

Couple of questions, are you building a rifle for the wife? Or setting up a factory rifle. I like the 7 WSM in the 7MM range.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah! Why don't ya try one that everyone (but me) thinks is "woe out" aka 30/06!

It'll surprise ya to a fair you well!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. ZIMM

ZIMM Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Z,

Couple of questions, are you building a rifle for the wife? Or setting up a factory rifle. I like the 7 WSM in the 7MM range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its going to be a gift to her for me. Ideally I would like to set up a factory rifle, or could plurge on a custom.
    Z

5. Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner Well-Known Member

Zimm,
    The rifle used in beyond belief I believe was a 7mm WRP, a 7mm STW with a throating change. The advise your getting here sounds good to me.
    JS