Not Long Range but a rifle Build

BLASERMAN

Some day I would like to have a rifle built in 300 wsm.
A moutain style rifle as light as Posible. Short action of some kind , stainless , stainless barrel , light as possible synthetic stock and last ported .
The scope would be compact of some kind.
Any Ideas or suggestions.

I just bought a Kimber 84M Montana in .308 for that very purpose. No doubt, the .300 WSM will out perform the .308, I just happened onto a deal I couldn't pass up. Rifle is suposed to weigh 5lbs, 3ozs. I didn't weigh it as rifle only since I bought it used with scope. With 5 rounds in the rifle, sling and a *** Burris scope that came on the rifle, it weighs 6lbs 11ozs. The same rifle is available in the WSMs for a few dollars more.

Just my .02

Chris

If you want the best light rifle in WSM, go to the New Ultra Light Arms company in WVA made by Melvin Forbes. Been around about 20 or more years and the premier light rifle in most peoples opinion.

I would not recommend porting or a muzzle brake for the 300 WSM. I do not think you will need it. The ULA stocks have a different recoil pulse that mitigates the recoil especially compared to wood.

His short actions weigh 4.5 lbs w/o scope and the WSMs weigh right at 5 1/2 lbs with 24" barrels if I remember right. I have had two of his ULA Mod 20 short actions in 7mm-08 that were superb. Greatly regret selling them but guys made obscene cash offers.

He makes his own proprietary actions and stocks that are absolutely top notch. Lot of others drill, mill and cut a reg 700 action, go with super short cut down stocks and it just does not come out and handle like the ULAs.

Kimbers are the closest factory or decent other light rifle right now.

BH

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts