Favorite Long Range Rifle

ZIMM

After watching the DVD "Shooting Beyond Belief" I was very intrigued with the gun they used. I beleive it was a Rem. 7MM Mag... I currently use and love my 30-378, but after watching that video, I really don't need that gun, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I'm thinking a specifically setting up a long range rifle perhaps for my wife /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif She likes shooting mine, but maybe I can set up another one for her /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I was thinking along the lines of a .257, .270, or the 7mm. I want to be able, (I mean her) to shoot 1000 yards etc. Any suggestions are needed.
Z

Yeah! Why don't ya try one that everyone (but me) thinks is "woe out" aka 30/06!

It'll surprise ya to a fair you well!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Z,

Couple of questions, are you building a rifle for the wife? Or setting up a factory rifle. I like the 7 WSM in the 7MM range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its going to be a gift to her for me. Ideally I would like to set up a factory rifle, or could plurge on a custom.
Z

Zimm,
The rifle used in beyond belief I believe was a 7mm WRP, a 7mm STW with a throating change. The advise your getting here sounds good to me.
JS

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.