Brass problems

Backcountry_IDN

This is factory ammo. Every single piece of brass is like this that ive shot. Its not very noticeable but definitely bothers me. Haven't decided to load for this unless its an easy fix. Maybe headspace issue? 2 ripples just below the neck. I'm shooting a savage 111 action with an xcaliber 1:10 5r barrel. Shoots great.

Been debating selling the barreled action. Just want to know before I do sell it so I can tell the buyer or have a Smith fix it.

Thanks
1202181912.jpg

I'd do two things. First Call X Caliber and show them your picture. And then have a smith take a look. Rebarreling or setting headspace on Savages isn't hard. But you have to have the tools and know how.

Seating die not set correctly?
I'd do two things. First Call X Caliber and show them your picture. And then have a smith take a look. Rebarreling or setting headspace on Savages isn't hard. But you have to have the tools and know how.

Called them, but they want me to send the barrel in, but i dont think thats the problem. Id have to take it off the action which I don't have the tools or knowledge.

The Smith that put it on basically told me he doesnt know what to do. Lets just say ive gone to a different Smith. Unfortunately with the new Smith he's over an hour away.

With a bad chamber what should I do? Contact savage? Or go with a Smith?
Did X caliber chamber that barrel? Sounds like it's not a factory barrel so Savage will not help you. Like said earlier you have to contact who chambered that barrel. The smith that mounted it should be able to take it off easy, like within five minutes. Then ship it to the guys who chambered it.

Yeah you need a different smith. You're in Pocatello right? Looks like you have four smiths in your area.

You in poky? I'll have to try one of the other 3. Just haven't heard how they are or what they charge. I heard Davy Crockett died this past year. So I believe there are only 3 total now.

Not knowing which Smith you used in the area...there is another to consider...go to Hux gun shop in chubbuck...let Jarred look at it and then consult with Karl....it would eventually come up as Karl's dad is and has been smithing a very long time....he actually smithed with his dad whom was a very good smith in that area....
But you need to finish up with the guy that put the barrel on...did he chamber it or just screw it on.....

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts