Bore Cleaners

lougonl

I was wondering what kind of bore cleaners work best for you guys. I am using Bore tech Eliminator now and was told that it is a strong product and could damage the finish on your gun, is this true? Thanks for any advise.

I have been using BoreTech Eliminator for years now. I have compared it back to back with many cleaners and it has prevailed. I have never use anything better. It is recommended as a preservative in your barrel for storage, so I can't see it ever damaging the bore. As for the finishes on a wood gun I can't say. But I have cleaned many wood rifles and never had an issue. I would go to the BoreTech web site and do a little reading if you are worried about it on a special finish.

Jeff

I have never used Bore Tech so I can't say anything about it.

I have used a lot of Hoppe's over the years for powder fouling. Their 'Benchrest' solvent is much better than their original. I have used mostly Sweets 7.62 solvent for copper fouling.

I have never had much luck with Butches bore shine.

I have recently tried Montana Extreme copper killer and it seems to work awesome so far. I also have been using their 'bore conditioner' and I do notice a difference (for the better) in the fouling on the first shot after a good cleaning.

M

I am so sold on the BoreTech cleaners after using cleaners like CR-10, Sweets, Montana BMG, shooters choice, Hoppies, wipeout, accubore and many others, I wanted to post this. This is a link to the reviews of BoreTech Eliminator from Midway USA's site. If anyone is thinking of trying this product you may find this interesting.

Open the link then click the reviews tab.

Eliminator Bore Cleaning Solvent 16oz Liquid

Jeff

My favorite is kroils penetrating oil i let it sit in the bore over night and brush the next day and it loosense all of the copper and powder residue so it comes out with a patch or two

Here's what I like....nothing could be simpler..

112089.jpg

foamingBoreCleaner1.jpg

~$6 for 3 OZ

Spray, wait, remove. No harsh scrubbing needed. Quickly & easily removes copper & fouling. Foam application ensures complete bore coverage. Foam turns blue as copper is being removed. No ammonia. Non-toxic, not harmful to skin.

eliminator_large-1.jpg

~$12 for 4 OZ

One of the fastest, easiest and safest ways to clean a gun, Eliminator will eliminate the need for other special cleaners on the bench. Non-toxic, non-flammable chemical is petroleum and ammonia free. Specifications: - Does not contain ammonia or petroleum distillates - Biodegradable, non-toxic, non-flammable

I have also been using bore tech for a few years now. I have to say that it is the best copper remover that I have ever used. Gets all the copper out, no smell and doesnt harm your barrel. I use the Bore tech CU+2 and it is awesome.

I have never used anything better than bore tech Eliminator and most other products don't even compare! I've never seen any damage cused from it either......Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.