Outers foaming bore cleaner

From what I can tell all of the foaming bore cleaners are very similarly formulated.

I'm using Gunslick's FBC and am extremely happy with it. Haven't tried the outer's though.

I found the "wipe out" works better, but also like the "patch out" at the range or for "in between" cleaning.

I have used Outers, Gunslick and Wipe Out and can't really tell much difference. They all work well and are pretty much all I use now. I used to follow up with some Butch's Bore Shine or 50 BMG, just looking for some blue on a patch I finally gave up and admitted the foam really did get all the copper out.

I like to fill the bore and leave the can/tube inserted in my bore guide. I let the first bit sit for 30 to 40 min then every now and then I will pass by and give a squirt until fresh foam starts coming out the barrel. I may do this 4 or 5 times over an hour or two. It may be a little overkill, but even with something as strong as 50 BMG I don't get any more "blue".

Guess ill run to cabelas and see which one they have and ill start there! Thanks for responses guys

This may be a stupid question but does this stuff (outers and wipeout) work on the black coating on bullets like the accu-bonds or the ballistic tips? I use those bullets alot and I was wondering if this stuff will do the trick on getting that black junk outta my barrel?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.