Boone & Crockett New Technology Statement on Fair Chase

Have you ever had a buddy call out the wrong adjustments or screw up spinning a turret. I did just last spring on a bear hunt. I ranged him at 975, dialed my elevation. Bear walked behind some trees, so I ran up the logging road a few hundred yards to get a better angle. Ranged him at 925. Layed down and sent it right over his back 🤦🏻‍♂️. Forgot to adjust the turret back to 925. Bear lived to see another day. If I am using a smart scope the bear is dead. It is possible that I am the only idiot to have ever done something like that before…at least that is how I felt when I realized the mistake I made. Lol
No....I never have when hunting. I have some buddies I simply tell just watch the animal...I'll do the rest. Lots of people have and maybe one day I will. I have made lots of mistakes with and without technology. I enjoy hunting and I have seen a very clear and continual decline in hunting opportunity clearly because of technology advancements in available equipment.

So posting an update posted by an organization is gaslighting? Park your paranoia. My post CLEARLY stated BC was adding them to their position statement. Nothing more. How about just reading the link and decide for yourself what it means.

I do not share my personal opinions on "how anyone should hunt". How you hunt is your business and how I hunt is my business. And no, my hunting ethics are not open for discussion. Live with yours and I live with mine.

I have edited out my final response since I choose not to continue this dialogue. Those who know me understand it was an informational post, those who do not and wish to make more out it than what it was, have at it.

Last edited:
So posting an update posted by an organization is gaslighting? Park your paranoia. My post CLEARLY stated BC was adding them to their position statement. Nothing more. How about just reading the link and decide for yourself what it means.

I do not share my personal opinions on "how anyone should hunt". How you hunt is your business and how I hunt is my business. And no, my hunting ethics are not open for discussion. Live with yours and I live with mine.

I have edited out my final response since I choose not to continue this dialogue. Those who know me understand it was an informational post, those who do not and wish to make more out it than what it was, have at it.
Ignore it. Soon as the name calling gets brought out, that person's opinions become void.

I have two ethics I live by hunting , obey the game laws of the state I'm in and do everything I can to insure a clean kill ! Boone and Crockett I think missed some of the big picture and it seems to me that finding a book animal to shoot is the hard part , after that recovering the animal. I see way to many lost big game animals every year do to poor shots or recovery skills . One thing I find very curious is why anyone would be criticized for trying to improve their shooting skills or be accurate in the ranging of the target. I work hard to improve my skills as a shooter and I work hard to make the money to acquire to equipment I need to do so , I'm sure I'm not different than most of us here on LRH. I will continue to hunt legal and I refuse to define my hunting passion by getting my name in a book.