Fair Chase

What is Fair Chase

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry but "high fence" is not fair by any stretch of the of the imagination. If you have the money to hunt in the "big pen" then do it but don't expect it to be listed as anything but that…

Like to see pics

Kirby, don'y know you but is the bull you speak of one in the pic 880 of bull in one pic if not how about a photo. That sounds like a huge bull largest I've ever seen is about 412. As far as this thread I chose no comment.

Cash,

Just go up to the LONG RANGE HUNTING section and click on it. There you will find my post on the 880" if elk in one pic. It is not one elk that scores 880", Its two elk that score 466 and 414.

Before you get a chance to jump on the band wagon, scroll through the post and get the full story, something many on this post fail to seem to be able to do.

They were taken on a private hunting ranch for the purpose of field testing my new 338 Allen Xpress and the new 265 gr AT RBBT prototype bullet from Wildcat Bullets. In no way, have I ever, in any way claim that these were wild bulls. Not sure why but several guys on here can not seem to grasp this point and insist on attacking me personally. So be it, makes them out to be what they really are, uninformed whiners.

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby's bull

Fence or not congrats the bull is well I am speachless congrats. The gun must really perform a trophy regardless...... Love the knowledge you guys give guys like myself. Have started "Long Range" since joining. Love the posts. Thanks Corey

Last edited:
Slightly off topic:

I am considering my first hunting trip to South Africa. I was discussing this with my local gunshop owner who has been there severaal times. He told me that there are ONLY high fence hunts in South Africa. He says that some outfitters have massive primary hunting areas and smaller secondary hunting areas but that they are all fenced areas.

He said that he still felt that the game he took was "fair chase" but they were non-the-less, high fence harvested animals.

Kind of took the whole romance out of the hunt.

Defining ethical and fair chase for all to agree is like defining gravity while ****ing up a rope. All that happens is your head gets wet!:p

Now high fence is another interesting topic. You have high fence areas of 10,000 plus acres where the game has never even seen the fence and is more difficult to hunt than many "open" areas. Yet that is unethical or not fair chase. Maybe, maybe not.

Certainly understand if it does not meet the criteria for someones book. Their book, their rules, do not like it go to another book!

BH

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.