Boise . . . LRH Guys

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by lckytylr, Jan 11, 2013.

1. lckytylr

lckytylr Well-Known Member

Looking for anyone in the Boise area that's a member of the LRH crowd. Experienced LR Master or newbie.

I'm just getting my feet wet with knowledge . . . not even making the gear jump yet. I'm hoping to gain knowledge of rifle platforms, modifications, accessories and shooting technique. If you are a newbie like me, we might as well tackle this sport together. As I gain more knowledge I'm planning on upgrading piece by piece until I get a LR shooter.

2. KRP

KRP Well-Known Member

You know the joke about getting to Kuna.... :D

We do a bit of shooting around here, and BS/bench racing/theorizing. Been shooting 600(soon to be 1000) yard BR in Vale too with lots of great folks.

3. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

If you're ever over Blackfoot way gimme a holler. We'll getcha some actual field experience.

4. ShooterMedic

ShooterMedic Well-Known Member

I am in the Magic Valley all the time. I live in the Idaho Falls area.

5. lckytylr

Thanks Guys. KRP, how often do you guys shoot?

I went from hourly to salary recently so the boss' are taking full advantage of my weekends now. I seem to be getting every other weekend off and am working today.

6. longrangefreek

longrangefreek Well-Known Member

First off welcome to the forum.

What is a weekend? Lately I know how that works. Work seems to be ruining my shooting time lately.

There are a lot of different ways to go about a build. you can spend a lot of money. My buddies and I shoot extremely accurate rifles for a lot less than most. if you are interested PM me. My buddy and I have a few long range guns but we really enjoy shooting our 338 Edges at extreme long range. you will definately enjoy the sport. I work to pay for my hobby of long range hunting and shooting.

What caliber have you been looking at if any yet?

7. KRP

KRP Well-Known Member

8. longrangefreek

I have alwayswanted to check out the vale range. I was just talking about that the other day. Would be fun to shoot in some competiotions there and get to know some more people in the sport. I might have to go check it out sometime this year. I have heard some good things about that range in the past.

9. lckytylr

What kind of "competitions" do you guys compete in?

what do they entail for rounds fired, distances and timing?

10. KRP

KRP Well-Known Member

They shoot from the bench once a month in Vale(third Saturday of the month), 600 for now but working on benches for 1000. 4 record targets, 5 shots each, 6 minutes per target, and 2 minutes for sighters between targets.

I just started going over late last summer but it's a great bunch of guys, informal and laid back, definately worth the $10 to shoot. It's pretty much "run what you brung" too so you'll see everything from stock factory rifles to custom hunting rifles to full on BR rigs lined up together.

They shoot F-class over there a few times a year also but I haven't made it over yet. It's 600,800,900,1000 yards.

11. longrangefreek

That sounds like a lot of fun. Definitely going to have to go check it out. Looks like a cheap way to have some fun.

12. Zep

Zep Well-Known Member

Great thread as I am hoping to visit the Boise area this spring. Possible relocation from the east coast, time for a change.

Can you give me the name of the Vale range as I would like to visit it?

13. KRP

KRP Well-Known Member

14. Zep

Zep Well-Known Member

Many thanks. I am really hoping the Northwest is in my future.