New to LRH

live2hunt

Hi all
Thanks for this site. I'm new to LRH I have a Rem 700- 270 WSM w/Nikon Buckmaster 6x16 BDC scope for elk and a Thompson 243 w/Nikon 4x12 BDC Buckmaster for deer. I do not reload what do you all recommend for OTC ammo for these rifles. Thank you for any advise

Hello&welcome to the site! Much knowledge &info to be found here! Great experienced gunsmiths &rifle builders. I to have a.270wsm on a 700rem action. I've been using 130gr. Nosler Partions &140gr.Accubond loadings by Federal Premium on my Muledeer& Antelope hunts out in Wyoming. Great caliber,kills to 360 yards. Try em! Dskiper

Welcome to LRH! You will meet many knowledgeable, and helpful people on this site. I have a regular Rem 710 chambered in .270win with a Buckmaster 6-18x40 scope which I just love, I have gotten 1.5inch groups at 515yds, plus hits on milk jugs out to 700+yds all with off the shelf Hornady Light Mag 140gr. BTSP Interlocks. at 3100fps. I looked on Hornadys web site and couldn't find any ammo for .270wsm? Black Hills makes a good looking load which is as follows...
.270 WIN. SHORT MAG. [x]
140 Gr. Nosler AccuBondTM
Velocity 3100 FPS
Energy 2987 Ft. Lbs.

But, Federal has the same load that puts out 3200fps and 3183lbs. I obviously haven't shot these loads, but maybe someone else can comment on them? Good luck.:)
Nathan,gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts