Bill and Lerch, V.H.A. club awards.

7mmRHB

I was looking through the latest V.H.A. mag and noticed that Bill and Lerch were on the awards list for both the 500yd and 1000yd club. We heard the stories on L.R.H. last year and now it's official. (Great job guys) Now lets hear how the quest for 1500yds is progressing ? Only 38 people made the 1000yd club last year. Just 9 made the 1500yd club, and three made the 2000yd club. Hope to hear that you guys make the next two legs of the slam this year.--7mmrhb

Thanks for the kind words!! We went out Sunday to try the next leg but came up a few inches short. I don't know how many times we kicked dirt on the little devils or shaved their whiskers, but we're getting close!! 1500 yds is a lot tougher than 1000 yds.

One of the toughest parts is trying to range an individual dog @ these ranges. They have also been shot @ quite a bit and they know what a dust cloud is!!! I've got a plan to make it a little easier that invlolves several fence posts and different colored ribbon. Those little suckers are in trouble next trip!!! (I think that is what I said last time?) I can only imagine how tough 2000 will be!!!

Only nine made it! That speaks for itself.

Goodluck to both of you and take a shovel in case you hit one and it gets to the hole.

Bill , Steve ,

Y'all got any hats you want to give away /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif cause if you can't fittem on your head you might as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I heard tell that you can put out a cheap mirror and that will give you a good laser read and while they are admiring themselves ( they must be vain , look how they stand up so straight so everyone can admire them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) you can bust them!!

Kidding aside , beaucoup kudos to you both.

Jim B.

10 yards short of the 500 club last spring with the MOAG team and then a summer of activities, work and events to prevent another serious attempt all summer long but that is going to stop this year.

Congradulations Lerch and Bill for pushing it way out there.

Can't wait to join you and the others in the "book". Goodness knows I've been piddling around with it long enough. It's high time I git 'er done. I'm keeping an eye on you bi-pod shooters. Lead the way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thanks 7mmRHB,

Havent been on the board much lately since we are doing inventory at my families store and BJ is at home playing mr.mom. I do all the gun inventory and we have 6800 registered firearms on last count, freakin sucks.

It was pretty slick to have our names published in a magazine. I cant wait to get the other 2 legs of the grandslam. AS for 1500yds, we were closer than imaginable last sunday. Within 1" on a few dogs and one dog ran out of the way while BJ's bullet was in flight, little ba$T@rd /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I am wanting to learn to range one dog or group of dogs better and then really calculate everything for the first shot instead of just trying to keep shots in the same area like we do right now. It would help if the weather would co-operate here we might be able to do more.

Sunday it was mostly calm and 80+ deg, monday was 30deg and windy, today there is 3" of snow, thursday on my birthday it is supposed to be 70-80deg again. Doesnt make any **** sense /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

It was pretty cool to show people the magazine and tell people I talk to the guys that made the 2k club, CONGRATTS AGAIN GG AND UNCLEB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

**** shame they dont have some kind of BOAG award 7mm, that 640yd kill would have made you a shoe in, it was a hell of a shot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thanks
steve

Lerch,I hear you on the inventory stuff,I used to work at a modular home factory and had to do inventory then log and price each piece from a computer printout. It took forever so I don't envy your task. Hang in there on the 1500 shot, it will come!!
The B.O.A.G. shot did get me listed in the club awards with you guys but I dought anyone from the V.H.A. noticed that it was done with a 22 Hornet? doesn't matter, on to 1000 this year the hard way. 6br slow twist with 55gr NBT. Should be fun. good luck---7mmrhb

[ QUOTE ]
doesn't matter, on to 1000 this year the hard way. 6br slow twist with 55gr NBT. Should be fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck, my friend. Those 55 gr gave me zero, and I mean zero consistancy once I passed 700 yds out of my .243. I guess if you sling enough of them out there, you'll eventually hit something. It might not be what you were aiming at, but hey, dead is dead!!!

I still laugh every time I think about that bullet "rainbowing" in on that fat ol' chuck! It barely damaged it at all-almost reloadable!

The 55 grainer out of the 6br at 1000 yards will be about the same difficulty level. But it should be easier once we get above 10,000 feet! It can be done. I will never doubt that rainbow bullet again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I once recovered a 40 grain vmax from a dirt pile I was shooting at with my 223 at 1000 yards. I really could load up that bullet again! Not even the tip was missing! It probably wouldn't have bruised a mouse. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Congrats boys, more to come soon. I do believe you will soon have a challanger for the MOAGs!!! Congrats to GG and UB as well.

I am thinking we need to get a couple more catagories for you boys, 2500 and 3000 yard clubs will be in order someday I suspect for all of you.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.