Bill and Lerch Head to Wyoming

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lerch, Sep 28, 2007.

1. lerch

lerch <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

Me and BJ are leaving for Wyoming this morning for out DIY public land mule deer hunt with his 338 Edge and my APS 270 Allen mag, but only one of us has any ammo loaded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::confused:

To be continued................................................................

2. jwp475

jwp475 Well-Known Member

How is that going to work?? [​IMG]

3. Slopeshunter

Slopeshunter Well-Known Member

Good luck boys! Look forward to the results. Remember we all like lots of pics! :D

4. NYLES

NYLES Well-Known Member

Lerch you was supposed to sell me a scope this AM? did you hide the 3.5x15-50 all they found was a 56mm? with the R2........Good luck and we want pics!

5. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

Those Wyoming mulies are just a little bit bigger than an Oklahoma prairie dog so you shouldn't have any problems hitting them.

Good luck and enjoy the trip.

Sure hope BJ gets something to shoot in his gun.:):)

6. jmden

jmden Well-Known Member

Well, let's see...You might get away using factory 338RUM in the Edge, but I thinks the APS .270 is a different story if I recall correctly.

Good luck. Post plenty of pics.

7. Sendero_Man

Sendero_Man <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

Send me a PM boys... where you hunting at ???

Just saw a 6 x 7 mule deer last night 12 miles out of Gillette on the side of I-90..... want GPS coordinates ?? LOL

8. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

You can find mule deer lying in the ditches along the road or at the Alcova campsite checkin station.

9. MachV

MachV Well-Known Member

Saw an albino Doe coming back from Kaycee on the backroads. No camera:eek: and in the city limits so all I did was watch her for a while. Went back with the camera to show the wife and daughter but the herd had moved on:( Just about got a nice 4X4 with the car a block from the house.
    Tis the season= the herds of deer and antilope are movein into town to avoid the herds of hunters out in the prairie :cool:
    Hope you guys figure out the ammo shortage as an MT gun aint much of a long range rig=quiet though:D

10. jwp475

jwp475 Well-Known Member

Useing the 338 RUM in THE 338 Edge chamber will create a head space problem,will it not?? The shoulder is farther back on the 338 RUM

11. jmden

jmden Well-Known Member

Very true.

12. lerch

lerch <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

Well were back, pics will be coming soon but dont get yer hopes up. BJ thumped a small one and i went dry. The ammo joke was referring to my lazy butt not getting any 270AM ammo loaded but we devised a little loading station inside the trailer we pulled. Anyway full write up and pics coming soon if BJ gets off his butt. Definantly a learning experince is the least i can say.

steve

13. redbone

redbone Well-Known Member

Lerch

Just one thing

Did Bill have to call an Bail bonds ?

Our did he talk his way out of things with the Game Warden ?

Redbone

14. NYLES

NYLES Well-Known Member

I must give credit where its is due, talk about taking care of business He did in fact hide it and I paid up today! Sounded like an intertesting trip! Thanks fellas!