BH209!!! WTHeck!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely correct! Think about this..as one example.......you are Federal Primers...over 70 years you go along supplying your product at the everyday prices with small cost of living increases..or even no increase some years..then a Pandemic comes along...and everyone blames everything on Covid....do you know that nobody that was critically ill before covid.....died of anything but covid...for 2 years. Off track sorry...now Federal sees their product jump in the market....1000% and no-one can get enough! Hmmmm....what would you do as the owner of Federal? Until we stop buying...prices will never fall!
The market is very good at natural checks and balances. If profits are higher than makes sense, a) more new entrants wanting to get into the market and capture those outsized profits (which may not be a short term response as it takes time to build factories, etc), and/or b) competition may or may not play along so you can't count on being able to keep prices high, and/or c) you may price part of your customer base out of the market due to higher prices.

Just about every company saw their costs go up significantly over the last few years. And there aren't too many public firearms or components makers that are public, meaning we don't know that they are making crazy profits. You can't just look at higher prices and assume that means higher profits when costs have spiked.

The market is very good at natural checks and balances. If profits are higher than makes sense, a) more new entrants wanting to get into the market and capture those outsized profits (which may not be a short term response as it takes time to build factories, etc), and/or b) competition may or may not play along so you can't count on being able to keep prices high, and/or c) you may price part of your customer base out of the market due to higher prices.

Just about every company saw their costs go up significantly over the last few years. And there aren't too many public firearms or components makers that are public, meaning we don't know that they are making crazy profits. You can't just look at higher prices and assume that means higher profits when costs have spiked.
You missed the point....the message was this....OTHERS ARE MAKING enormous profits off of manufacturers products....so as a manufacturer. ...would you not raise your price significantly for the time being and reap the same benefits...

Most of the major resellers follow a set margin of their product offerings. The manufacturer or sometimes the intermediary (Hodgdon) sets the price as I understand it

Most of the major resellers follow a set margin of their product offerings. The manufacturer or sometimes the intermediary (Hodgdon) sets the price as I understand it
Any that have ON-LINE sales (manufacturers) set a....CAN'T SELL FOR LESS policy so that they are not competing against themselves in the market....however as a retailer...you can sell for whatever the market will Bare..above MSRP.

..as I've said, the reloading and component manufacturers have done the work of the anti's for free...they cut down on our shooting to the point I 'd never believed possible...strange turn of events..not that I can't pay I'm just not...keep it all...

Ok, broke down and bought 8oz of black gold. $72.99. 🤮😡🤬 I had maybe 1/3 container left and just felt get one to make sure me and son have enough to shoot this year.
IMG_1092.jpeg

Ok, broke down and bought 8oz of black gold. $72.99. 🤮😡🤬 I had maybe 1/3 container left and just felt get one to make sure me and son have enough to shoot this year.
View attachment 488300
Due to the high cost of ammunition....I cannot afford to fire anymore Warning Shots!
P.S. Drink more milk,eat more cheese...you need more calcium...you're only growing 1/2 your finger nails!🤣

8oz is 35 shots at 100 gr/shot! So $77.37/35= $2.21/shot. Thats gonna be my last container of BH209. Going back to 777 3F. If I can find that. But at least in 1lb containers. I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.