BH209!!! WTHeck!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hazmat is $19.95 at PV just a few weeks ago as of my last order. get your shooting buddies, family, neighbors even coworkers together and put a mix and match order in for 10-15 pieces and than shipping/hazmzt is pretty cheap per piece or continue to whine about the price every else

hazmat is $19.95 at PV just a few weeks ago as of my last order. get your shooting buddies, family, neighbors even coworkers together and put a mix and match order in for 10-15 pieces and than shipping/hazmzt is pretty cheap per piece or continue to whine about the price every else
I put 1 in my cart and it showed $23 for hazmat and $13 for shipping fee-- so $100 for 1--- I know the more you add the cheaper it comes out to --- at 3 or more bottles it starts to be a discount over the other local sources.

Now if someone would actually have a 5 pounder available somewhere then it might actually start getting reasonable---- but you gotta remember these bottles are 1/2 pound now, so even at $70/bottle its still $140/pound.

I've got 3- 10 oz bottles left-- ill run through them and hopefully prices will come back down some and stabilize before then.....I don't expect the prices to ever get back to $30/10oz, but at $90/8 oz thats almost 4x the cost it was a few years ago.

The great thing about 'merica is I can whine all I want, and you can spend your money all you want--- everybody has different priorities and budgets and this is still a want not a need hobby. It's all basic economics--supply and demand, and as long as people are willing to buck up with the cash then the prices will stay where they are.

Crazy prices,I guess I better watch a local auction site closer,these sold last night!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230822-073955.png
    Screenshot_20230822-073955.png
    197.2 KB · Views: 38
Guys on another forum thought I was crazy when I bought a hole bunch 2 years ago at the ridiculous price of $45 for the 10 oz bottles. This is the real "new normal" post covid world we live in, inflation is actually 50-75%, not the 8-9 they keep telling us...
According to tech at Hodgdon it is 3 times as hard to make.

Late to this thread. Never tried BH209. I see it, but go right past it.
I'm down to my last few pounds of Swiss and Goex, so I have started down the rabbit hole of making my own. The materials price out at ~$5/lb.

I believe it is a test to see what the market will bare. We keep crying about outrageous prices, but keep pulling out our wallet and paying the price. This leads to significant shareholder returns. This is what drives business decisions.
Absolutely correct! Think about this..as one example.......you are Federal Primers...over 70 years you go along supplying your product at the everyday prices with small cost of living increases..or even no increase some years..then a Pandemic comes along...and everyone blames everything on Covid....do you know that nobody that was critically ill before covid.....died of anything but covid...for 2 years. Off track sorry...now Federal sees their product jump in the market....1000% and no-one can get enough! Hmmmm....what would you do as the owner of Federal? Until we stop buying...prices will never fall!

Status
Not open for further replies.