BH209!!! WTHeck!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohunt

What has happened to make the price of bh209 skyrocket???

Just saw some on the shelf of sportsmans warehouse yesterday --$80+ tax for 8 oz---- that's over $160 per pound!!!!

I remember when it first came out it was $23/10 oz

20230730_133312.jpg

Hodgdon bought Western powders so now you get less for more...much more.
It usually is off the shelves by the time muzzleloader season comes around so the only place to get it is gunbroker. Think if you have a 20+ year trophy elk tag you waited half your life to draw and you can't get powder... you will pay auction price for it like this bottle in the picture. It went for $411 plus tax and $35 shipping. Sad but that is the world we live in. I built a smokeless so I can shoot it much, much cheaper and still shoot black powder when I have to in Colorado deer and elk seasons.
Bhorn.jpg

Last edited:
Hodgdon and Vista outdoors monopolized the powder market and sent prices soaring. I left them both and never going back. Theyre powders are no longer in my cabinet and are for sale as of today. 20# are already gone. I shoot smokeless in my Savage 10ML2

Hodgdon and Vista outdoors monopolized the powder market and sent prices soaring. I left them both and never going back. Theyre powders are no longer in my cabinet and are for sale as of today. 20# are already gone. I shoot smokeless in my Savage 10ML2
What are using now? It's hard to avoid these behemoths. It looks like the other companies are jumping on the band wagon as well. The only way it is coming down in price is if it sits on shelves and warehouses for a while. Competition is the answer, but barriers to entry are tough to overcome.

Like you I am also trying to rid myself of Hodgdon powder as well as Alliant. I will not sacrifice accuracy but will keep looking and working loads till I get what I want. Vih powders are what I am turning to.

Guys on another forum thought I was crazy when I bought a hole bunch 2 years ago at the ridiculous price of $45 for the 10 oz bottles. This is the real "new normal" post covid world we live in, inflation is actually 50-75%, not the 8-9 they keep telling us...

Status
Not open for further replies.