Best rings and base for the money?

Guess I'd recommend doing a search. Otherwise...there seems to be afair amount of guys that have success with EGW...but they (EGW ) have some rings with problems ( According to internet reports). I have had great luck with NightForce, Ken Farrell and Badger Ordnance. None of the ones I've listed that I prefer are necessarily inexpensive. But...With experience, I've learned that you get what you pay for....especially in optics, mounts and rings.

Good Luck,

Wayne

My bad on the statement about the EGW rings. Guess I had seen some reports that the TPS alloy rings were having some problems with breakage and mixed it up with EGW.

Anyway...I guess I would stay with "Name brand" rings and bases. I tried, a couple of times, to go with no-name one piece bases....for a rimfire and a shotgun. Needless to say...the quality wasn't there and I ended up buying the better bases. So I was actually money behind when it was all said and done.

Good Luck,

Wayne

One the cheap side for something that works good go buy the Warne's. Otherwise Leupold MK4 rings and bases or Nightforce or Badger Ordnance on the high side.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.