best base and rings?

stokley1

i am new to shooting targets, and want to start shooting out to about 500 yards.
I recently traded a few guns i got tired of for a new toy.
I got a Browning A bolt target rifle in .308.
Specifications and features:
.308 Winchester,28" heavy bull contour, free-float and hand-chambered barrel 1-10" twist ,Target crown ,Single stage trigger,Short action,60 degree bolt lift,
Matte blued steel, glass bedded receiver,Non-rotating bolt sleeve,Adjustable comb,Drilled and tapped.
All i have done to the gun is replace the trigger spring with a timney 2lb trigger spring. now i need a nice set of rings and a base that will accommodate my shooting goals. i purchased a Leupold VX-3 Scope 3.5-10x40mm with the Custom Dial System and the Duplex Reticle.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I own and favor remington 700 rifles but just got excited when i handled this rifle, and want to have some fun with it.
If interested i will post pics and info on how my shooting goes... Thanks

Burris signature series rings w/offset insert kit !

Turn in style base or weaver/picatinny base.

If your receiver or whatever is out of line with the middle of the scope you can correct it with these rings and you can add MOA if you want or need to -plus no ring marks on your fine scope.

Sounds good. Thank you guys. Im getting impatient so im gonna get the scope on and go shoot some targets.. Thanks again.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.