Best rifel manufacturer for accuracy

There are ways to verify the repeatability of the boresighter, and even if it wasnt super accurate, I believe if there is a scope or mounting problem, it will show itself above and beyond variances a boresighter may show. He's had it to a gunshop already, and they havent been able to determine the cause of his problems. Obviously you are more qualified then I am at discussing his issue, so I will hand this off to you, the expert:rolleyes:

There are ways to verify the repeatability of the boresighter, and even if it wasnt super accurate, I believe if there is a scope or mounting problem, it will show itself above and beyond variances a boresighter may show. He's had it to a gunshop already, and they havent been able to determine the cause of his problems. Obviously you are more qualified then I am at discussing his issue, so I will hand this off to you, the expert:rolleyes:
I have no way to know if I'm more qualified than anyone else. I was simply concerned about whether any or all boresighters have that degree of repeatability. (I just remove the bolt, look through the bore, and align the crosshairs.)

Perhaps he can borrow one? Then, remove and replace and verify the repeatability a number of times before firing the rifle.

-- richard

Re: Best rifle manufacturer for accuracy

I have been shooting a Steyr Mountain Rifle in .308 win for about the last 10 years. I have had great success with it. I am zeroed at 200 yds and have shot 2-3 inch groups fairly consistently.

Steyr would be worth considering from my experience.

Unless you want to try and make this rifle shoot, I'd look into a Savage or TC Icon. These two companies have really focused on out of the box accuracy as of late. CZ is worth a look as well. If you're looking for an AR, check out DPMS.

I recently went down this road with a Ruger 77. I ended up spending as much money trying to make it shoot as I would've spent on another rifle. At the end of it I had waisted a bunch of time and money on a gun that still only shot .75 moa. I got tunnel vision, and regretted it all in the end. Some people like to take on challenges such as this, and derive satisfaction from gutting it out and fixing it. I am not one of those people, and I will not do it again. If it was me, I'd cut my losses, and start fresh. Besides, who doesn't like a new gun...

i have never shot against a browning or a .270 in f-class. a pre garcia sako is a good one or a remington with a krieger barrel . guns last a long time

there is a reason i have never shot against a browning or a .270 i believe. if you want to see an accurate rifle. go to "nooby needs advice......... " see the 30-06 that liltank posted from gunner52. sorry i don't know how to do a link.

I've no intention of bursting ones bubble, but this is the reality of accuracy in rifles. The biggest contributor to big groups is us humans. I do not shoot very accurate from a bench holding a rifle with more than 5 foot-pounds of recoil. Most people don't either. So I think most of us (including me) are measuring our few-shot test groups fired from rifles held against our shoulders as they rest on something atop a bench are using a rubber ruler to measure with. The results are stretched all over the place.

My Ruger #1V 223 shooting 33 gr Vmax with 15 gr Blue dot 3500 fps is 1 foot pound of recoil.

If there is no wind, I can shoot a few 0.5" groups of 5 shots at 100 yards in a row from bags on the bench.

I don't even fell any PAIN from my 338WM, but I don't manage the recoil consistently, and only get good groups with rifles that have tiny amounts of recoil energy.

What does it all mean?
I think MY rubber ruler is more variable than most.

It better for 3400. I can't justify that much. I don't even shoot that big rifel that much. I bought a 204 ruger a few years ago. When I get bored I take it out to the ranch and stalk hogs. Try to keep the shots to 300 yard head shots. Don't always hit, but I do ok.

Everything included it isn't a terrible price. I might consider it if I can't make somthing happen with mine. 1000 yards would be over kill for me, but the rifel sounds cool.

Thanks for the info, Ithank

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.