Best factory or custom ammo for .270Win

The two links I posted earlier were for Turner's Outdoorsman. They're a large chain of gun stores in kali and they did have the ammo you needed in stock when I posted it.

I have resurected my old rifle from years past. Its a model 721 Remington .270. I have, over the years shot only Remington Coreloc either 130 grn or 150 grn. This has been a very accurate gun especially with some handloads a friend did for me many years ago. Currently I am not a reloader however I have saved Remington brass ( about 300 ) over the years.
I cannot find Remington Coreloc in either loading anywhere locally ( Calif ) and cannot have any shipped to me in this state. My question to the Forum is what is your favorite .270 factory ammo for deer sized game.
I may make one final hunt here in Calif. for hogs this fall and I realize that I will need non lead ammo for that hunt. Also a hunt back in South Dakota hopefully for first ever Whitetail.
I am assuming 300 yd. shots max either area.
thanks
Mike
Federal factory shoots very well, velocities match the claims made on the box too! We shot two weights and at 100 metres POI nearly the same.

I don't buy factory ammo. I have 55 years of handloading experience. I started with hand dies and used the handle end of a broken baseball bat for force and surplus .50 Cal powder I purchase in a plastic bag. As a handloader, I have always admired Weatherby ammo. I remember when Weatherby introduced the .30-378 Magnum. As soon as we could, we got a "Crony" (1995) to verify the claimed 3400 fps for a 180gr bullet. It lived up to Weatherby advertising. Handloading for the .30-378, with the powders available at the time, we could never equal the performance of the factory Weatherby ammo. Years later Norma finally solved the mystery by supplying the Norma 217 powder that they used. Norma cases are among the most sought after cases. I have depended on .22 PPC, 6mm PPC, 6mm BR, .270 WSM, 6.5 Arisaka, and many more. I loaded 270 and 7mm Weatherby cases sized and trimmed in my 7mm Remington die and rifle, just to take advantage of the Norma quality cases. Weatherby, as a company, would not have survived to today without the superior factory ammo loaded by Norma.

My recent experience handloading to compete with the Barnes .270 factory loads (loaded by Norma), has reaffirmed that respect. The cronograph and 200 yard accuracy has shown they are superior to the factory Hornady Superformance and Federal junk in both accuracy and lack of temperature sensitivity.
Don't agree with the Federal junk comment, have witnessed them shooting well to brilliant. No duds! Once I was at a work day out they had a Sako 7mm RM shooting at 800 metres onto steel a variety of shooters. From never fired a rifle to highly experienced using Federal factory looking through a swarkovski scope, 80% on target. While the rifle was having no time to cool off. It was a very impressive demonstration, one that doesn't quite gel with your opinion?

Handymike- I preferred 130gr bullet weight (whatever design) when I had my Ruger .270. You absolutely can have live ammo shipped to your local California FFL if they are willing. Just confirm with them first and ask handling fee and let them know if you are in the DOJ system for immediate approval or if you will need to wait for a background check.

I've mostly switched to monolithic copper for all my calibers because I am in CA and they seem to perform well and are really accurate too. Also I can avoid having to re-zero between lead core and copper as they often impact differently. I'm going to use copper 6.8 Western for Montana Antelope.

Handymike- I preferred 130gr bullet weight (whatever design) when I had my Ruger .270. You absolutely can have live ammo shipped to your local California FFL if they are willing. Just confirm with them first and ask handling fee and let them know if you are in the DOJ system for immediate approval or if you will need to wait for a background check.

I've mostly switched to monolithic copper for all my calibers because I am in CA and they seem to perform well and are really accurate too. Also I can avoid having to re-zero between lead core and copper as they often impact differently. I'm going to use copper 6.8 Western for Montana Antelope.
So in California, you cannot have ammo shipped directly to you? You poor bastards!

So in California, you cannot have ammo shipped directly to you? You poor bastards!
Yes that is the current situation in CA. Not too long ago I could come home from work and find a case of shotgun shells on the front porch from an online order. All reloading components can still be shipped to a home address; however primer and powder deliveries need to be signed by an adult.

1. Move out of Kommie-Fornia.

2. Buy a reloading kit from the manufacturer of your choice

3. Don't look into the rear view mirror. Not even once.

4. Take great satisfaction in the fact that you took two direct actions to immediately improve your life immensely.

I have resurected my old rifle from years past. Its a model 721 Remington .270. I have, over the years shot only Remington Coreloc either 130 grn or 150 grn. This has been a very accurate gun especially with some handloads a friend did for me many years ago. Currently I am not a reloader however I have saved Remington brass ( about 300 ) over the years.
I cannot find Remington Coreloc in either loading anywhere locally ( Calif ) and cannot have any shipped to me in this state. My question to the Forum is what is your favorite .270 factory ammo for deer sized game.
I may make one final hunt here in Calif. for hogs this fall and I realize that I will need non lead ammo for that hunt. Also a hunt back in South Dakota hopefully for first ever Whitetail.
I am assuming 300 yd. shots max either area.
thanks
Mike
I have been shooting a variety of different ammo in my Tikka T3x in .270 and have found that Federal Premium 130 grain in Nosler Partition and the 130 grain Trophy Copper are both capable of sub MOA groups. I have not hunted with the Trophy Copper but accuracy wise it is excellent. Terminal performance I personally cannot comment on, so you would be on your own out there in California. As for South Dakota I would much prefer the 130 gr Nosler Partitions. Those I have a fair amount of experience with. Sub MOA is a definite possibility dependent on the rifle, but as far as terminal ballistics, it has been one shot one deer, dropping on the spot. If you and your rifle do their job there will be Venison on the table this winter. Good Luck and Good Hunting. :)

I load for two Deer hunting rifles chambered in 270 Win. One is a Weatherby Ultralight with a 24inch Krieger barrel with a 10 twist. The other is a Winchester Model 70 Featherweight classic with a 22 inch barrel. I don't know the twist in my friends rifle. I assume its a 10 Twist . In the Weatherby I use 59.5 grns H 4831SC and 130 Grn. Nosler Ballistic Tips, in the Winchester is use 55 Grns of IMR 4350 and 130 Grn Nosler ballistic tips. Both my Weatherby and my friends Winchester Model 70 have taken lots of Whitetail deer. Both have had One shot kills . Both rifles shoot very well on paper at 100 yards. Yes!! With that bullet we always try NEVER to shoot the shoulder.

In state, I'd go federal with a mono most likely Federal

Out of state, easy button is 130 Federal Blue box. Nothing fancy but it works everytime!

No need to make this stuff rocket science eh...