Best factory .22-250 rifle out of the box

If I had 1200 to spend I would without doubt buy an AR. You can not go wrong with a Savage. I have a 110 in 243 and it puts the bullet where you aim it. I also wanted a cheap rifle that I didn't care if it got scratched and banged up. So I bought a Savage Axis with scope at less than 300 dollars.. At 100 yards I can get .5 moa. Its not a pretty gun, but it gets the job done. Anyone else shot one of these. Mine is 22-250. It saves all my nice rifles from all the briar's I have to go through here in Indiana.

I wouldn't go with an ar if you are looking for accuracy, they are nice though. I would go with a different caliber too, probably a 6.8 spc.

I would go Tikka T3 lite. No nonsense gun, has det mag, really good trigger, and all mine have been real accurate, for a little over $500 bucks.

If saving fur; Buy the savage ,shoot the lightest bullet you can, buy the best scope and range finder you can afford,be safe have fun....SLOANgun)

I have a savage model 10 predator in max-1 with the accustock. I am shooting 55gr vmax's with 38gr of H380. The rifle will and consistently shoot 3 shots into the the same hole at 100 yards. I can't get over this kind of accuracy from a factory rifle, it is unbelievable! Anyways, this rifle, I believe, is just a great all around gun. Not too heavy to carry around, but heavy enough to track good on the shooting sticks. Honestly, everybody that I have asked that has one, hasn't really had a negative thing to say about the savage predator line, other than the scope that comes on the package models.

A relatively LONG review, but if you want to fast forward toward the end to the accuracy report...feel free. Watch it in HD if you've got the bandwidth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.