Berger Bullets??

Greg Duerr

Not sure whats going on but I cant find ANY 140gr Berger 6.5 VLD Hunting bullets ANYWHERE

Anyone having the same issue locating these bullets? Was told Berger sold out??

Berger was purchased by Norma. The entire Berger operation just reopened in Phoenix,Az. Might be a little slack time before new stock is received. My local shooting supply is out of a few Berger more popular offerings and this is in Phoenix.

Berger is now in the ammo business. They are probably using a lot of those bullets for that.

It's a shame that Berger is slumping. In addition to availability, recent purchases of my competition bullets have variation to prior lots. Try a 140 JLK VLD. I get comparable terminal performance and accuracy to the Berger 140 Hunting VLD's but with a higher BC. Accuracy in my rifles has been exceptional, with over 50 game animals successfully taken with them.
3 shot/100 Yards, 6.5x284@2985FPS.
06D34892-0308-4726-BF04-1ABE99EBE1FC.jpeg

Last edited:
You guys got me worried now. I just got a nice load worked up for my 300WM with 215 hybrids. As soon as read this post I went and bought a box of 250 off midway.

Hey Greg where are you located....
I have a small gunship(I like this idea..but meant gunshop)locally that..last time I was there had a huge supply of bergers....lots of calibers...
Let me know if you would like me to check....
Also have a sportsmanswarehouse locally...they usually have lots of bergers...

Well, I cant wait around all spring and summer for them to show up if they do..........so I'm going to switch over to 143gr ELD-X There still on the shelf, everywhere.
Buy in bulk that's what I keep telling myself

Sorry I couldn't be of help.....
Maybe someone on here has some info for actually shooting the vldhs vs the hybrids....

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts