Berger Bullets

A 156 is plenty of bullet weight in 6.5mm. Very few chamberings could take advantage of them excpet maybe a .264 WM, 26 Nosler, or 6.5-.300Wby, and ZERO current rifles or hardly zero barrel twists would support them. You would need at least a 1:7" to optimize them.
Agreed! My .264 WM has 26" 1:7" to propel the 156 Bergers.

Likely need a 1:7 for that, can be done but it's not popular in the market that is for sure. Also how about being able to actually get some of the bullets they already offer.
The Browning Xbolt I have is a 1:7 and a 26" barrel, shoots the 156's and 153.5 excellent. I would try a heavier bullet

I'm shooting a 26 Nosler with 156 berger or 160 Matrix when I can find them
I would like the find a heaver 6.5 bullet for windy day for Elk, I like my custom
26 Nosler for all my hunting.
I might have some Matrix bullets if you are interested in them?

Time to buy a 28 Noz. .257 and 6.5 cal will always be ideal deer calibers and marginal elk calibers. You get .277 and .284 cal now you have an elk starter pack..308 and. 338 puts you solidly in elk hunting medicine. My Dad used to always tell me use the right tool for the job. Don't use an upholstery hammer to drive a railroad spike, use a 4 lb sledge.

Last edited:
Got a email back from Berger the other day concerning availability of the 156's. "we are in the target bullet season, and won't be making hunting bullets till early fall. You should contact your local dealer and get on their call list when they become available". That's where we hunters stand, get on a list for bullets that vaporize when they get to a dealer. To many others to choose from, including all my Hammer orders recently that are at my door in 5 days or less. Thanks Steve.

Got a email back from Berger the other day concerning availability of the 156's. "we are in the target bullet season, and won't be making hunting bullets till early fall. You should contact your local dealer and get on their call list when they become available". That's where we hunters stand, get on a list for bullets that vaporize when they get to a dealer. To many others to choose from, including all my Hammer orders recently that are at my door in 5 days or less. Thanks Steve.
Target bullets aren't any better right now.