Berger bullet performance

Listen MX don't take it personal these people are just giving you sound advice.

You can call me what you want but (i grew out of calling people names in grade schol) the truth of the matter is yes my son knows he makes a bad shot he's done for the year on that animal that he wounds.

I have had tag soup a couple of years because I didn't like the shot I had. That's just a responsible hunter.

I too use Berger bullets hunter classics and it is true whether you believe it or not that's ok I understand your point of view. I can see people lying about wounding a deer it happens and its probably embarrassing but I just feel if you wound it your done clean your rifle and wait for the next hunt.

Every game animal (deer, bear, elk, no cougar I haven't seen one of those yet) that I have shot has not ran more than 20 yards with Berger Bullets or Remington core-lokt.

I'm serious I take pride in being 100% on recovery of my game.

Is your buddy shooting at a higher elevation? I dont think that would matter much.

Last but not least 1. Does your x-buddy have any bullets left-over and 2. Have either you or your X-sniper buddy contacted Berger to discuss what is going on with your bullets that's where I'd start.

Last edited:
Listen MX don't take it personal these people are just giving you sound advice.

You can call me what you want but (i grew out of calling people names in grade schol) the truth of the matter is yes my son knows he makes a bad shot he's done for the year on that animal that he wounds.

I have had tag soup a couple of years because I didn't like the shot I had. That's just a responsible hunter.

I too use Berger bullets hunter classics and it is true whether you believe it or not that's ok I understand your point of view. I can see people lying about wounding a deer it happens and its probably embarrassing but I just feel if you wound it your done clean your rifle and wait for the next hunt.

Every game animal (deer, bear, elk, no cougar I haven't seen one of those yet) that I have shot has not ran more than 20 yards with Berger Bullets or Remington core-lokt.

I'm serious I take pride in being 100% on recovery of my game animals..at that'll have any influence on wha

Is your buddy shooting at a higher elevation? I dont think th

Last but not least 1. Does your x-buddy have any bullets left-over and 2. Have either you or your X-sniper buddy contacted Berger to discuss what is going on with your bullets that's where I'd start.

How about you read eveything I have said? I put it all out there and dont suger coat ****! (Dont take it personally) I will believe what I want about how you or anyone else is about coming forward on wounding an animal. X Buddy??? What X Buddy?? If you had ACTUALLY read my posts you would know it was my buddys client so to speak (he guide people on this once in 20 year or so tag for free)
that shot the elk.
My buddies friend (x sniper, long range shooting school instructor) was going to contact Berger. I havent heard if he has yet or not. I havent had any issues myself, im pretty positive I know what my happened with my sisters deer and not sure a different bullet would have changed the ooutcome. Maybe the 1st that im GUESSING she gut shot, thats only if a different bullet would have had an exit maybe we would have found blood and took that extremely risky chance at getting arrested for trespassing to find the deer.

Sounds like to me the guy had maybe a nice rifle, nice range find, and some reloading equipment. AND MORE THAN LIKLY NO CLUE WHAT TO DO WITH ANY OF IT BESIDES ACTING LIKE HE DID!!!!!!!! It doesn't take skill to spend money on nice gear.
Kind of like soon as you start talking a little about long range shooting how every one Knows a SNIPER are was one r is one r what ever. I love to set back and listen to people talk 90% if not more have no clue. Most REAL Snipers don't run around telling every one they where are bragging about it. Those that can do DO and those that can't talk about it. Not that your buddy isn't i'm just saying thats how it is now a days with more long range stuff out there. I couldn't tell you how many Hunters i have guided that where "Rangers, seals, snipers" that could not hit a wall in a barn with a 12GA

You maybe right about the 1st guy on the elk. I honestly dont know him. All I know is this was his 25 or 26th bull and he hunts all over the country. But 7 shots at 742 yards or whatever it was isnt exactly poor shooting. Again I didnt see it 1st hand but have no reason to not believe my source of info.

As for the X Sniper its funny u say most dont tell people that they were cause he didnt tell me. I only know that cause he is my buddies best freind. He also didnt tell me about the bear (altho I asked him what happened with the bear on FB) I dont think he would or wanted to say anything untill he talked to Berger about what happened.

I think you both need to read!!! And learn how to spell, and write a sentence:) I love bergers. I know a few CURRENT snipers that love them to. Its an opinion and everyone has them. Period!!

I couldn't tell you how many Hunters i have guided that where "Rangers, seals, snipers" that could not hit a wall in a barn with a 12GA.

I couldn't tell you how many "Guides" couldn't find the inside of a barn for me to shoot with a 12GA.

Since when has this website become an English class/tutorial website for English?

Yummm.....Bergers

I'd say as long as we all know what the others are tying to say, it's all good.

Hahahaha ^^^^^^^^^

Its ALL good. I dont really care what the keyboard warriors have to say. I know I am being REAL about REAL situations. I believe anothers mistake could possibly help another and mistakes DO happen.

At our benchrest club, Pa. Original 1000 Yard Benchrest Club. Years ago some of the snipers from Quantico Marine base showed up to shoot. Before the match they were pretty talkative and did a lot of bragging. When the match was over they weren't very talkative anymore and left pretty quietly. They didn't win a single relay in either score or group. They also never showed up again. Matt

At our benchrest club, Pa. Original 1000 Yard Benchrest Club. Years ago some of the snipers from Quantico Marine base showed up to shoot. Before the match they were pretty talkative and did a lot of bragging. When the match was over they weren't very talkative anymore and left pretty quietly. They didn't win a single relay in either score or group. They also never showed up again. Matt

One thing i learned about match shooting, you gotta do it to get good at it. You arent just gonna show up and blow everyones socks off.

I think you both need to read!!! And learn how to spell, and write a sentence:) I love bergers. I know a few CURRENT snipers that love them to. Its an opinion and everyone has them. Period!!
Word! My uncle taught me how to hunt and track when I was a kid, and he's always been a Remington Core-Lokt or Winchester Ballistic Silvertip shooter. This past year he tried the new Remington Accu-Tip, and it was the worst hunting season and experiences he's ever had (lost a 10pt and a coyote from faulty bullets). He's always been scared of handloads for some reason (I guess all the horror stories about people blowing their guns up and crap). He saw how my Bergers performed this year, and he was in shock and awe. Maybe he'll start letting me do some load development on his rifle after this season is over. :D

gun)

Yes I agree with you Mudrunner and bullet selection is important. I haven't seen where you couldn't get a pass through on deer. I believe there are other factors involved including shot replacement. I don't believe a gut shot deer would not have a pass through. I could see a bear or elk if you hit shoulder. I know none of what I heard matches what I see. My 338 shoots through 3/4 steel at 1000 yards. The guy where I go shoot has targets and steel to 1000 and he wont let any 338 shoot steel. I think he doesn't allow the 30 to shoot at 600 either. He says the steel costs too much to shoot through and make the big dents in. We all shoot Bergers in hunting and competition. Matt

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.