Berger Hunting Bullets "Performance"

For me I like to use the 80gr Berger Varmint for Deer and My son uses the 110gr V Max, out of his 30-06............................they both work great. You just need to be sure that you go for th Lungs........................Never have we lost anything we hit.............But then we only take shots that we are sure of.
Lot of people give us ..............about it but they cant argure about success.

Funny you guys mentioned that ..............I have a good friend who HATES anything 6mm He had a Browning 78 6mm Had an antelope tag and shot at a Buck four times. Antelope ran off.........................Because of that experiance he will not have anything to do with a .243 diameter Cartridge.

Has told me numerous times that a .243 is NOT a Deer or Antelope Cartridge. When I had a .243 AI built for Marmonts and Deer I was told that that was the Stupidest thing you have done and was told to get out of his home....................... He has since then gotten worse.

Ignorance is alive and well in the gun/hunting world that's for sure....

I have killed one muley at 567 yards with a 7mm 168VLD and it basically vaporized the midsection even at that distance (I hit a little far back but not in the guts). If that's what a person wants from a bullet they work great. I grew up thinking weight retention and limited meat waste were "right" so I struggle with it.

Greg

I saw a comment on this forum once (don't remember who said it). To paraphrase it said... bullets are just tools, know what they do and use the one that does what you want it to do... or something to that effect.

I tend to follow that thought and I try not to fall in love with a particular bullet though it has probably happened a time or two. I mean it is hard not to like a bullet that gave you 20 consecutive one shot kills. Anyway, sitting on the shelf here I have Accubond, Accubond LR, Parition, TTSX, LRX, Berger HVLD, Elite Hunter, Hybrid OTM, AMAX, VMAX, Interbond, Cutting Edge, Game King, Blitz King, Match King. I tend to load whichever bullet best fits the conditions and the quarry. That is part of the fun strategizing what to load. We are lucky today with all the bullet choices we have (assuming of course that you could actually find them to buy). They all work pretty good compared to the old days.

Well I have 550 Berger 105 VLD's Don't think I will be shooting anything different for a while.................................................

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.