Berger Hunting Bullets "Performance"

Greg Duerr

I have only used Berger Bullets once for Hunting. I used a 95gr VLD out of a .243 AI on a Black Bear at 211 yards. The Bear hit the ground Dead.

However, I have read and heard that some guys do not like Berger Bullets as they said that they perform sub standard when used for Hunting.

What is your opinion and Experience using Berger Bullets?

I've heard good things, there's a pretty long thread on the 215 for wild boar somewhere on here. And yes, Reno is a fantastic city.

There are people that swear by them and those that hate them.
Anytime an animal does not drop in its tracks there must be something wrong with the bullet after all no one here ever makes a bad shot or takes a bad angle so it must be -----the bullets fault:rolleyes:

There are people that swear by them and those that hate them.
Anytime an animal does not drop in its tracks there must be something wrong with the bullet after all no one here ever makes a bad shot or takes a bad angle so it must be -----the bullets fault:rolleyes:

180gr VLD (.284) drop deer like they had a heart attack!

And no more cucumber jokes - I spilled coffee all over the place when I fell out of my chair laughing.

For those who poo-poo'd the OP for starting the thread, try to be nice please. Starting new threads doesn't hurt you or your computer and only serves to help those who do not know. Most of the threads I read here and subscribe to are topics I have never thought of and just happened to see them while looking thru the new posts.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.