Berger Brass Question???

Average. Yes. Bench rest no. My range is private on our ranch.
Cool rifles and a ranch...with a 1,000 yard range...

You really know how to ruin a man's day!

I have a deer lease, but the land owner doesn't allow target practice!

We for sure are not bench rest shooters, but never claimed to be either! But we do like to thump some steel.

Our little spot on our lease is kind of tight, the feeder is 107 yard from the stand, so MOA of dead deer is all that's really needed.

Pulled game card Saturday and had a nice surprise!
Screenshot_2019-08-31-22-15-32.png

Our lease is only 1,100 acres and our neighbors put their feeder against our fence. I'm in a corner with 5 feeders surrounding me...the feed pens use our fence as one fence around their feeders!

I hope he hangs close!

Cool rifles and a ranch...with a 1,000 yard range...

You really know how to ruin a man's day!

I have a deer lease, but the land owner doesn't allow target practice!

We for sure are not bench rest shooters, but never claimed to be either! But we do like to thump some steel.

Our little spot on our lease is kind of tight, the feeder is 107 yard from the stand, so MOA of dead deer is all that's really needed.

Pulled game card Saturday and had a nice surprise!
View attachment 147838
Our lease is only 1,100 acres and our neighbors put their feeder against our fence. I'm in a corner with 5 feeders surrounding me...the feed pens use our fence as one fence around their feeders!

I hope he hangs close!
Nice buck. You must be from the east side of the country. We live in Oregon.

You own a range, you should already know the average shooter is pretty happy with a 2" group at 100yds.

I looked at our fellow shooters targets at 200yds and they were lucky to have two shots that were close to each other.

My wife might have three hundred shots down range. Her back ground had zero outdoors experience prior to 3 years ago.

I know the average women will out shoot most men. My mother used to be the best shot in the family. She is now 78yo and is still shooting pretty decent.

Yes she too used range brass her entire hunting career.

I agree with greenejc, its great you can have the toys you do. If I had the loot to have a 5k rifle I would, but I will settle for one that shoots pretty fair with parts I bought here on this Web site and a couple other sites.

I got to get back to sorting all the brass I picked up today!

Later!
Did she shoot the Red target at 300 or 400 yards?

Did she shoot the Red target at 300 or 400 yards?

300yds...the group is a bit sloppy but we had a nearly full value 11 mph wind plus it was gusting to 15+. Noon to 1pm, 90+ degrees with a mirage so bad neither I on a 16x SWFA nor my shooting buddy on a variable 40x spotting scope could see her hits in the target. We had a 6" steel hanging just to the right of the targets so I had her shoot it three times during the session of shooting two qualifing targets just to see where she was hitting. All three were center punching the steel.

In the process of shooting 13 shots (5 at each, plus three at steel) she forgot which target she was shooting at and put two extra rounds in the target she qualified with.

It's a wonder she did as good as she did, between me and my friend moving her back and forth between paper and steel!

Are we still talking about whether Berger uses Lapua brass in their factory ammo?

Yes sir....well...I think so!

I know pretty dumb the OP derails his own thread!

Ok back to that brass!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.