Berger Brass Question???

CaptnC

I have picked up a few cases at the range and was wondering who manufactures it.

I own Lapua and know it's good brass, but the Berger brass I have just finished preparing is really nice!

Over the last year I managed to pick up 30 cases in 300wm. So I thought I would process the brass for this fall. First thing I noticed it the brass has a rainbow look to the color...reminds me of oil on water. The all but two cases were 0.010 shorter than spec...cool, don't need to be trimmed. Lastly the flash hole was clean as a whistle! Much cleaner than Lapua and Hornady.

During same period I have picked up over 60 pieces of 6.5 Creedmoor, 30 or so brass...30+ nickel....I have over 150 Hornady cases already sized, trmmed and cleaned up ready to load so the 6.5 Berger brass is still sitting there.

But I hope it is as nice as the 300wm brass.

Yes...all three ( nickle 6.5, brass 6.5 and brass 300wm) are all head stamped "Berger"...

If Lapua makes brass available in that cartridge, and if Berger is selling it in loaded ammo...then it's Lapua. Example being 300 Norma, 6.5 Creedmoor, etc. Not the 300wm as Lapua currently does not make brass for that cartridge. Norma I believe is what berger is using in their 300wm ammo but that could easily change.

If Lapua makes brass available in that cartridge, and if Berger is selling it in loaded ammo...then it's Lapua. Example being 300 Norma, 6.5 Creedmoor, etc. Not the 300wm as Lapua currently does not make brass for that cartridge. Norma I believe is what berger is using in their 300wm ammo but that could easily change.
good catch on the belted brass--at one time there actually was head stamped 300wm lapua brass, BUT it was made under contract by Norma, so unless Lapua has started making belted brass then you are probably correct that that cartridge would be norma brass

good catch on the belted brass--at one time there actually was head stamped 300wm lapua brass, BUT it was made under contract by Norma, so unless Lapua has started making belted brass then you are probably correct that that cartridge would be norma brass

I have caught rumor of Lapua may start making 300wm brass in the future...but you know how rumors are.

Is this a new rumor?. I feel like I've been hearing it for years but always disappointed. ADG has been great for me. At this point I'd probably stick with it because it's American made.

Could just be another one making the rounds...I agree with your ADG comment. I have used them in 300wm and am very impressed with them. Really don't see a reason to desire anything better.

Some of the ABM ammunition had Norma brass in some calibers. I'd guess when they switched to Berger brand that didn't change if Lapua didn't make the brass in that caliber.

I have picked up a few cases at the range and was wondering who manufactures it.

I own Lapua and know it's good brass, but the Berger brass I have just finished preparing is really nice!

Over the last year I managed to pick up 30 cases in 300wm. So I thought I would process the brass for this fall. First thing I noticed it the brass has a rainbow look to the color...reminds me of oil on water. The all but two cases were 0.010 shorter than spec...cool, don't need to be trimmed. Lastly the flash hole was clean as a whistle! Much cleaner than Lapua and Hornady.

During same period I have picked up over 60 pieces of 6.5 Creedmoor, 30 or so brass...30+ nickel....I have over 150 Hornady cases already sized, trmmed and cleaned up ready to load so the 6.5 Berger brass is still sitting there.

But I hope it is as nice as the 300wm brass.
Usually brass is left at the range for a reason.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.