Berger .224 55 gr Match Flat Base on varmints

Ok, Ok
I got caught up trying to help a fellow shooter out. I didn't realize you already knew everything and had an attitude.
I'm out
Gary
Here's the original post Gary.

"I'm looking for ACTUAL use of the Berger .224 on varmints. I can get a drill bit to clear out the tips so just looking for actual use please. TIA"

You may think you were helping out but I simply asked for a specific set of actual experiences. Anything else isn't really helping. Have a good day.

The 35gr Bergers had the highest BC for a 35gr.
8 cent Bergers don't come along very often🤫
Retrospect l should've stuck w/40gr VMAX.
I liked the published velocity for the 35gr Bergers in 221FB

Okay here's an update. Note I'm only updating in case this helps other shooter with 1-14" 22-250 that is finicky or burned out like mine. I bought some 55gr vmax flat base in the hopes that they would shoot. They didn't, two inch groups with my pet load of H380. I'll try two more loads but if they don't shoot I'll just save them for my AR15. I did contact a varmint hunter on another forum that uses the Berger Match Target Flat Base 55 gr with his 22 Nosler and loves them. Say they are very devastating at 3400 fps. They are advertised as being good on varmints so that's what I'll be using this spring. I'll give terminal results when I get some results.

Got a sagerat today with the 55gr Berger. It doesn't pop them like a vmax, but it certainly blew it up. First one so I wouldn't say it's the bee's knees. But they are accurate and it surely killed the rat.

Berger Match Flat Base 55 gr 583 yards. One shot DRT.

Attachments

• 20210313_132223[1].jpg
    20210313_132223[1].jpg
    4 MB · Views: 115
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.