varmageddon 55g .224

deadidarren

gday all now i'm in aus and have found a problem with the 1500 thats 6 pks of the 250ct varmint packs (lot no JKO8F17-1/15451586953).

a lot of the pills in the boxes were a blue purple color like when you burnish metal with a grinder , i spose it looks like a light type of anodizing .

the difference is they look like they were dumped in a bucket with some liquid as some of the pills have the marks all over and some have it as if they were laying flat and half submerged others have it on a 45* angle .

now they just said send them back with no explanation so if someone has one i would like to here it as i'm in the back woods and this will take a lot of time to sort out .

so if it's just a benign blemish and they are still usable i can still get them back and
use them.

cheers darren

Darren
I don't have a clue what discolored the bullet but I know what I'd do if I were you. I'd out the bullets in a brass tumbler or vibrator and clean them off and shoot them. They're too hard to get just to send back. What are you shooting with them AR, rabbits?

Personally I would blueprint them. Check and compare ogive length diameter and if they are all consistent I would shoot some. Most likely its all cosmetic. If you try to tumble them I think they will sit on bottom and not do jack.

Check for concentricity once loaded and you can brush them up with wool or scotchbrite.

Darren
I don't have a clue what discolored the bullet but I know what I'd do if I were you. I'd out the bullets in a brass tumbler or vibrator and clean them off and shoot them. They're too hard to get just to send back. What are you shooting with them AR, rabbits?

rem 700 VLS.

i'm in aus and for some reason we don't have the suply probs you have yet, we got more powder and projectiles than you can poke a stick at the one thing thats tough here is brass it's like rocking horse droppings :D

If you choose to keep them it is easy to make them look better then new again. A simple vibrating tumbler, ceramic media, lemishine (citric acid) and a splash of water (just enough to make it damp) will make old dirty bullets look better then new again.

I use this technique on the bullets I make and I'm certain it will work for you. Check out this link for further details should you wish. If you choose to try it out use only a 100-200 bullets for first attempt.

Secret to making better more accurate bullets!=

Good shooting!

BT

If you choose to keep them it is easy to make them look better then new again. A simple vibrating tumbler, ceramic media, lemishine (citric acid) and a splash of water (just enough to make it damp) will make old dirty bullets look better then new again.

I use this technique on the bullets I make and I'm certain it will work for you. Check out this link for further details should you wish. If you choose to try it out use only a 100-200 bullets for first attempt.

Secret to making better more accurate bullets!=

Good shooting!

BT

thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.