ATL ‘Barrelnut’

He's been on here since before I can remember. And now he's not. He's also not the type to take his ball and go home. I say time for a check in. Its a little early for a spring bear hunt and most people bring a laptop on vacation. He should been heard from by now.

Chris, you're a good man, "my" take, go for it. No good person will fault your best intentions.

Ed
Thanks, Ed (...and to the others backing me on this). This may sound sad, but you guys are actually my 'closest friends' outside of the pitiful LE network I have to interact with 5 days per week. When one of ya goes 'AWOL' all of a sudden it really bothers me. I just don't wanna trample on somebody's privacy unnecessarily. 😕

Thanks, Ed (...and to the others backing me on this). This may sound sad, but you guys are actually my 'closest friends' outside of the pitiful LE network I have to interact with 5 days per week. When one of ya goes 'AWOL' all of a sudden it really bothers me. I just don't wanna trample on somebody's privacy unnecessarily. 😕
When he realizes it came from people who care that much, I believe it would warm the heart.

Roger will understand and appreciate it.

A postcard is a great plan. He actually lives very close to me though I don't know his address.

I Agree, send the postcard or have LE check in on him. Better safe than sorry.

This may sound sad, but you guys are actually my 'closest friends' outside of the pitiful LE network I have to interact with 5 days per week.

Brother I get it. It's not easy finding good, like minded, honest people. I can count my real friends with one hand and have a finger or two left over, but those are the good ones.

Besides, this is the 😎 version of Facebook, here the selfies involve guns, ammo and animals we've taken.

I Agree, send the postcard or have LE check in on him. Better safe than sorry.

Brother I get it. It's not easy finding good, like minded, honest people. I can count my real friends with one hand and have a finger or two left over, but those are the good ones.

Besides, this is the 😎 version of Facebook, here the selfies involve guns, ammo and animals we've taken.
Please let me add, over the years I have learned as much from some of you for free that I have learned for thousands of dollars from shooting coaches. different info, but just as valuable.

I agree that someone if who is a regular on the forum that seems to drop out, so to speak, there must be a reason. Hopefully not a sad reason. Thought of web search in papers in his locale, obits, maybe other search. Reaching out to a brother LEO and asking for a well-being check or DMV check might be good. If you are hesitant about asking a LEO, maybe check county, city public records etc.
Whatever you decide it is good of you and the other members here to care about him.

If you are hesitant about asking a LEO, maybe check county, city public records etc.
Only hesitant to do that when I consider the possibility that maybe he just simply 'took a break' from the site. It's not unheard of. Hard to say, really 🤔. As uncomfortable as it is for me to mention this I've recently performed internet searches on the 'obits' in his hometown and THANK THE GOOD LORD I've not discovered his name there.

Only hesitant to do that when I consider the possibility that maybe he just simply 'took a break' from the site. It's not unheard of. Hard to say, really 🤔. As uncomfortable as it is for me to mention this I've recently performed internet searches on the 'obits' in his hometown and THANK THE GOOD LORD I've not discovered his name there.
Unfortunately, this is an akward position to be in either way. BUT regardless how it's recieved or percieved on the other end, it shows YOU care about a friend enough that you're exhausting all efforts to make sure they're ok. Says a ton for you! I get it.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.