Are you (edit for language) Kidding Me? MT and ID hunters read

I myself would not shoot a mangy yote or wolf. Let the wolves kill the mangy yotes. After they get done mauling the yote they will probably have it too and they can take that back to the pack with them. Just food for thought.

Jeff
It seems like just about every coyote or wolf, that I see is mange covered, the problem is how many do you let live? I played that game with coyotes around my house and they get real hungry when they are naked, which leads to aggressive behavior. I can not say if it is the pure hunger or starvation messing with there mind. My dogs have had some doozy fights with the little gray rat tailed sickened buggers, never the mange. With a supply of chickens that is not endless and children around, I now shoot everyone of the nasty critters. Having seen quite a few of both, the greater and lesser coyote manged up and dead, I have always noticed not a thing ever eats them, ever! My food for thought is this. It is my understanding that the mange is a mite, and once a den has been infected, the den will transfer the mange. I have loaded many a mange covered elk onto a pack horse and I have not ever had the mange. The whole process of packing an elk onto a horse could be considered quite the mauling by the International Oh My God There Is Blood Everywhere Institute, so happy killin!

Guys, The problem is with the system. wolves are not endangered, they never were. The answer is to remove the wolves from protection under the endangered species act. That process has been started the next step is for every one of you to call your congressman and demand their support for H.R. 6028 this will remove the wolves from protection under this act, phone calls and letters will make this happen, GET TO WORK on this now!!

Guys, The problem is with the system. wolves are not endangered, they never were. The answer is to remove the wolves from protection under the endangered species act. That process has been started the next step is for every one of you to call your congressman and demand their support for H.R. 6028 this will remove the wolves from protection under this act, phone calls and letters will make this happen, GET TO WORK on this now!!

That is exactly right. Never shoulda happened in the first place...not the same wolf that was here before. This was an introduction of a new supspecies, not a reintroduction. Did not know about HR 6028. Do you have more info?

Never shoulda happened in the first place...not the same wolf that was here before. This was an introduction of a new supspecies, not a reintroduction.

Actually that's not correct. Before DNA testing wildlife experts had identified some 19 different subspecies of of Canis lupus in North America. After DNA testing came along the number of sub species shrank to five. The wolves in the Rocky Mountains, Cascade Mountains, pacific northwest, and west and central Canada are all Canis lupus occidentalis.

Regardless what sub species they are, the argument should be that the WY wolves are geographically seperated enough that FWS can delist based on state lines, which is the opposite of Malloy's argument.

Thank you for the information on H.R. 6028 I will investigate that. I can say I have wrote letters to our congressmen and have the numerous junk emails now to prove it. I have also spoke personally in Helena to the different members of state representatives and whom ever it was for the support of the House joint resolution 29 that flew through with a breeze. Again I thank you for the information. I used to attend and voice my opinion at every local state fish and game meeting and put forth a lot of time keeping up on this wolf issue, but honestly I can say that as of lately I have become a bit frustrated with the system.

H.R.6028 -- To amend the Endangered Species Act of 1973 to prohibit treatment of the Gray Wolf as an endangered species or threatened species. (Introduced in House - IH)
HR 6028 IH
111th CONGRESS 2d Session H. R. 6028
To amend the Endangered Species Act of 1973 to prohibit treatment of the Gray Wolf as an endangered species or threatened species.
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
July 30, 2010

Mr. EDWARDS of Texas introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Natural Resources
A BILL
To amend the Endangered Species Act of 1973 to prohibit treatment of the Gray Wolf as an endangered species or threatened species.

• Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. PROHIBITION ON TREATMENT OF GRAY WOLF AS AN ENDANGERED SPECIES OR THREATENED SPECIES.

• Section 4(a) of the Endangered Species Act of 1973 (16 U.S.C. 1533(a)) is amended by adding at the end the following new paragraph:

• `(4) The Gray Wolf (Canis lupus) shall not be treated as an endangered species or threatened species for purposes of this Act.'.

Here is a copy of the email I received from Rehberg's office...................
Hi Bud,

Good talking to you earlier. Here's the release we were talking about earlier. Thanks for supporting us on this important issue. -Eric

Eric Bierwagen
Legislative Assistant
Congressman Denny Rehberg
State of Montana
(202) 225.3211 (p) | (202) 225.5687 (f)

Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 5:27 PM
To: Bierwagen, Eric
Subject: Rehberg to Push Legislation Removing Gray Wolf from Consideration under Endangered Species Act

news_header.gif

August 11, 2010

Rehberg to Push Legislation Removing Gray Wolf from Consideration under Endangered Species Act
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Montana's Congressman, Denny Rehberg, announced he will seek to remove the gray wolf from consideration under the Endangered Species Act. Rehberg will support legislation asking Congress to amend the 1973 act "to prohibit treatment of the Gray Wolf as an endangered species or threatened species." The move comes in response to a recent court ruling effectively reinstating endangered status for the wolf.

"It's become clear the courts and the environmental extremists have abandoned the principle of sound science when determining the status of the gray wolf," said Rehberg, a member of the Congressional Western Caucus. "Years of research, dedicated efforts by land owners and local officials, and the expert opinions of on-the-ground wildlife managers have been given a back seat to profit-motivated environmental groups. We need to call attention to this abuse and solve an issue that should have been put to rest years ago."

When Congress returns to Washington, Rehberg will cosponsor H.R. 6028, a measure introduced by Texas Representative Chet Edwards that will amend the original Endangered Species Act to prohibit gray wolves from being listed as an endangered species.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) first issued the decision to delist the wolf in 2008, after the species had met revised recovery goals of 30 breeding pairs and 300 wolves for eight consecutive years. Wildlife biologists estimate there are 1,700 wolves in Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, eastern Oregon and Washington. Wolves were first placed on the endangered species list in 1974.

"The evidence of a recovery for the gray wolf is as plain as day, yet Montana stock-growers and wildlife managers have their hands tied when it comes to managing the predator," said Rehberg, who in February urged the White House to adhere to an FWS opinion that the wolf be delisted in Montana and Idaho. "Stock losses and big game depredation caused by an uncontrolled wolf population are a real concern in Montana, and the state's responsible management plan needs to be put in place."

# # #

Actually that's not correct. Before DNA testing wildlife experts had identified some 19 different subspecies of of Canis lupus in North America. After DNA testing came along the number of sub species shrank to five. The wolves in the Rocky Mountains, Cascade Mountains, pacific northwest, and west and central Canada are all Canis lupus occidentalis.

Regardless what sub species they are, the argument should be that the WY wolves are geographically seperated enough that FWS can delist based on state lines, which is the opposite of Malloy's argument.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From March 2010 Main Hunting Today--

"FANNING: It's simple. There is no "re-introduction" because the wolf introduced into Yellowstone Park is not native to this geography and had never naturally been here to begin with. The Gray wolf is ironically enough, a human introduced invasive species. You see, the original wolf inhabiting the geography of the Park was a much smaller animal, the Rocky Mountain wolf or Canis lupus irremotus. The Canadian Gray Timber wolf, Canis lupus occidentalis, is also known as the Alaskan Tundra Wolf. It was introduced at significant cost to the U.S. taxpayer and is a super size predator with a rapacious appetite and lust for wanton killing – killing far in excess the number of ungulates (hoofed animals: deer, antelope, elk) claimed by authorities."

This from:

Panel Roundtable: Canadian Gray Wolf Introduction into Yellowstone : Black Bear Blog An excellent discussion by several educated, informed indivduals. Very much worth the time to read.

All of us should spend a few minutes at www.saveelk.com

The only way for the states to get out from under the thumb of these LIBERAL judges is for our goveners and FWP departments to say, Alright, if you want to play this power trip game, UP YOURS, we are going full steam ahead with our SECOND year of planned wolf hunts and if you don't like it you will have to find all of us, including state government, state FWP and all sportsmen in contempt and put all us in jail.

If they don't have the balls to do this, we call their bluff and take back put rightful power. IF they do start throwing everyone in jail, the second American revolution will start and I must say, in alot of ways, its ABOUT TIME.

So to Governer Switzer in MT, PLEASE, CALL HIS BLUFF AND TELL HIM TO GO TO HELL and proceed with the wolf hunt as scheduled, you will have 80% of the US population behind you and probably 90% of Montana and Idahos pop with you.

Its time to call their bluff and take back out rights.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.